Chapter 17

===Foxy's POV===

      Mangle and I enter quietly through her front door into the large foyer. The house is entirely silent throughout its corridors. Not a soul wanders down the empty hallways, or occupies any of the rooms. At least, I think there is no one else here. Mangle leads me through a couple of twists and turns before we enter into the den. The room is black as a pitch night until Mangle hits the light switch and it's illuminated in a dim orange glow. The presence of the lights makes the room feel warmer as we both take a seat on the couch in front of the tv and turn it on.
      For a couple minutes her and I scroll through the various movies and tv shows on Netflix till we decide to watch Netflix's Lucifer. (Damn I love that show so much.) This was it. This is all that we had planned. Just go to the mall, walk around for a bit, grab something for lunch, then come home and just watch Netflix. But the tone at which the atmosphere has taken is somewhat uncomforting, the uneasiness in the silence is disturbing. But as we both sit there on the couch I try to break the tension by putting my arm around Mangle's shoulders and kissing the top of her head as if to say, 'don't worry about it.' She doesn't hesitate to lean her head into my shoulder and curl up next to me. The moment seems to last for a while before Mangle begins to stir and begins to get up. 

      "I'll be right back. I'm just gonna grab some water." She says but I stop her, insisting that I grab it for her. We go back and forth for a bit before she reluctantly agrees and takes her seat back on the couch and I head towards the kitchen through the empty corridors.
      I take a moment to glance around the kitchen before I open one the many cupboards and pulling out a cup. Once I have filled up the cup with a small bit of ice and the rest with water I turn around to head back and almost drop the glass. There, standing only feet away from me, stands the one person I have a fair reason to fear. Mangle's father. He stares at me with a stern glare, obviously remembering me from our first encounter a while back.

      "What are you doing in my house again?" He asks in a serious and cold tone. I swallow heavily before I answer him.

      "Mangle and I had plans. She let me in, sir." I reply very respectfully.

      "Is it only you two."

      "Yes sir."

      "What are you planning on doing with my daughter?" His tone turns more angry, while I try to keep cool under the circumstances.

      "Only to watch a show, sir." I haven't broken eye contact with him, and neither has he. Perpetually we are both stuck staring one another down.

      "What is your name?"

      "Foxy sir. Foxy Aru." The mention of my last name seems to strike a chord with him and he begins to stare at me with a questioning glare.

      "aru. where have i heard that before?" He asks himself quietly. I find that this is the best opportunity to ask.

      "Mr. Vix, since you're here, may I ask something of you?" It snaps him out of thought and he replies a little hasty.

      "Yes, what is it."

      "For a couple months now your daughter and I have been dating." His expression reverts back to anger, however, it is intensified tenfold. "But, I didn't think it right to be dating her until I got your permission. So, would you allow me to date your daughter?"

      "You're asking for permission?" Surprise rises in his voice at such an old-fashion custom. "Who taught you an old-fashion tradition like that?"

      "My father, he taught me to be respectful unlike most teenagers you encounter today. He was old-fashion like that." For a short while he thinks over this before answering again.