Chapter 2

(Cato)

Clove tells me to head down to the cafe. I do as she says, wondering what her trainer, Atresia, Atrelia, something like that, wants. Probably to say goodbye or whatever. My trainer did.

I finally reach the dinner and stroll up to the counter. I order a strawberry milkshake and a flapjack for Clove and for myself, I buy a bottle of soda. I sit at one of the adjoining tables, against the window. I sit there waiting for Clove. 'Why is she taking so long?' I think to myself. 'It must be important'. Then I start to think about Clove. Clove. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I don't know how to tell her. I think I should write a letter. No. Clove hates letters, she thinks it's a waste of time, writing that is, she prefers someone talking to her face. But I can't do that. I haven't got the guts. I just don't know what to do! I slump in the chair, holding my head with my hands, when I suddenly feel someone's arms wrapped around my shoulders.

"Get off, will you, Clove?" I tell her.

"What's wrong with you mister grumpy pants?" she giggles.

"Nothing, just been thinking." should I tell her.

"About what?" she says as she sits down on the plump, leather chair.

Should I tell her? "About...err...umm... I've been thinking about..." I really want to tell her.

"About me?" she says flipping her luxorius, soft, brown hair. Should I tell her?

"Err...I...I hh..."

"You have?" As speaks she takes my hands in hers. I look at her, at her eyes, her beautiful eyes. "I..um...I...yeah."

"What about me?"

Can I tell her? "I've been thinking about you and....um...how I...um."

"About me and?" I stay silent. "Cato, you can tell me, I'll listen, you can tell me anything."

"It doesn't matter."

"Cato?"

"Don't worry."

"Cato, what's wrong?"

"It's nice to know that you care but I ccc..." Clove cuts me off before I can finish.

"Care? Cato, care? Of course I care! Your my bestfriend! Well more than that, I can't explain but... well your just more than a friend." I feel a rush of heat run through me. I start to smile a little. "So of course I care! How can you say it's nice to know? I've always cared! But I guess you haven't cared enough about me to see it before!" Clove gets up to leave but I pull her down.

"Of course I could see that you cared and I care about you! I more than care about you! I love you Clove! I've loved you since, since, since the very first day I met you, nine years ago. I guess I've never had the guts to tell you that! I love you Clove!" As soon as I say it I regret it.
"What?" she whispers. REALLY regret it.
"I love you, Clove! I...love..you! I know that you'd never feel the same, that's I never told you before and I'm sorry for ever hurting you and everything I've done to upset you which I guess is more than I'd like so I'll just leave now!"