Imagine #6: Chris Chambers

you had been out with your friends all day. the very last place you all decided to go was the new ice cream parlor, mainly to unwind and chill. it was 20 minutes to closing time so it was fairly quiet. there didn't even seem to be a large staff present tonight.

while your friends were taking in the cutesy interior, you noticed something else. the boy working there. you hadn't seen him around town but to be fair, you had only moved to castle rock in the past year. there were still plenty of people you haven't met.

"two scoops of chocolate in a cone, please! oh! and rainbow sprinkles." you heard your friend jenny cheerfully order, interrupting your thoughts and turning your attention back to your friends. "wait! whipped cream too." you and your friends laughed.

"are you sure that's all?" the boy behind the counter asked jokingly.

"hmm...yup! i'm good." she replied smiling.

"that'll be 55 cents please." she handed him the change in exchange for the ice cream. the rest of your friends ordered doing the same, leaving you last. you walked up to the counter while everyone else grabbed a booth.

"hi, um one ice cream sundae, please?" you spoke hesitantly, nervous to be around a boy this attractive.

"alright, anything else?" he asked. you looked up and quickly took in his appearance. light brown hair, blue almost sky- like colored eyes. i want to get to know him better. you thought to yourself before answering his question.

"no thank you i'm good." you smiled politely and went to give him the money when he stopped you.

"don't worry, it's on the house. as long as you stick by after closing. if you can and want to i mea-"

"sure! sounds good." you said before he had time to take back what he said. you turned and walked to the booth with your friends in it when you heard a quiet "nice!" assumingely from the same boy.

*****

everyone at the table had finished and were getting ready to leave. you stayed seated. "aren't you coming, y/n?" your friend ellie asked.

"i'm actually going to stick around for a few. you guys can go ahead." you waved your friends off to walk home.

"hey," you turned and saw the boy standing next to your table. "mind if i sit?" it was a such a silly question you couldn't help but laugh.

"of course." you replied

"okay cool," he sat in the seat across from yours.
"i'm chris by the way. didn't want to interrupt your friends 'n you so i didn't make much conversation earlier. sorry 'bout that."

"don't worry, i don't mind. i'm y/n."

the two of you made small talk for a little while and you already knew you'd be close friends. possibly even more.

"it's getting kind of late. can i see you again tomorrow? 1 o'clock?" you asked him. for a split second you swear you saw him blush

"oh.. uh yeah, sounds good," he said nodding, eyes looking straight into yours. "i'll be working, but you can always come around here."

"okay, see you tomorrow, chris." you said. you got up from the booth and walked to the door, to which chris sprinted to hold it open for you. you giggled and exited the store.

"see you tomorrow y/n!" he called joyfully out to you, seeing you off as you walked to your house; leaving him in a warm silence while he thought about you.

sorry if this one was short, i felt bad for making you wait haha

comment if you want to possibly see a part two! otherwise i'll probably make a preference next

thank you for 10k+ reads!!!! tbh i never thought i'd make it this far or even continue for this long

i truly appreciate it💘💘💘💘

!!also, i'm in need of some new friends, message me on here& i'll give u my personal insta so we can talk:)!!