Chapter Fifteen

A/N: SOOOOOOO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS IN A G E S
Exams, Driver's Ed, and (if we're being honest) Competitive Deathmatch Season Two have been taking up most of my time. But fear not! We have about/less than ten chapters to go and I plan to get them up as soon as possible! Enjoy!

•~•

The two Shimada went further upstairs, until they couldn't see Jesse or Lucio. Genji didn't protest when his brother pulled him into a guest bedroom and flicked on the light. He watched as Hanzo shut the door, a heavy sigh coming from him. The ravenet turned around, his serious expression gone. He looked disheveled, as if he was barely holding himself together. He glanced up at his sibling, and the younger realized he was seeing him in a moment of weakness.

"Genji..." he started slowly. "I know you're angry--"

"I'm beyond angry, but go ahead."

He huffed. "Right. Listen, I was planning on telling you--"

"When? When you first started dating? When you got engaged? During your honeymoon? After you'd been married for five years and adopted a toddler?" No matter how hard he tried, Genji couldn't keep the hurt out of his voice. "Was it never convenient for you to tell me? Was it never the right time? Because you and I both know that putting things on the back burner until the opportunity becomes burnt and unfixable hurts like hell."

Hanzo fell deadly quiet, the color draining from his face. His eyes grew hard and cold. "Which is exactly why Jesse and I got together when we did. I never wanted to hurt you," he whispered, taking a step forward. "Then, or now. I love you. You know that, don't you?"

The green-haired Shimada found himself shuffling backwards, avoiding his brother's gaze. "I love you too, but..." He wiped quickly at his eyes. "We should trust each other a little more than we do."

"I know and I'm working on that." The eldest started fiddling with his tie. "McCree's been... Helping me with that." When the younger shot him a look, he quickly added to it. "Which is why I didn't say anything at first. I thought he saw me as a friend, or that I used him as a therapist, but..." He took a deep, shaky breath. "A year or two ago, we managed to tell each other the truth about how we felt. What we felt."

Genji froze, a feeling a realization washing over him. In his mind, it felt like pieces of a puzzle were slowly starting to fit together. As his eyes widened, Hanzo smiled.

"And the longer we didn't say anything, the harder it became to avoid... As you said, it was like the back burner incident we had as teens. Anyhow," The ravenet reached out and took his brother's hand. "I'm working on my issues and relationships." He gave the other a wobbly smile and squeezed his hand. "Will you?"

And then, for the first time in a couple of years, Genji broke down. He started sobbing into his brother's shoulder. Hanzo hesitated for a moment, the hugged him back with such force they started rocking in place. He started mumbling comforting things to the college student, which only made him cry harder. They stood their for a while, hugging and weeping and consoling until they calmed down.

"Thank you," the programmer murmured, drying the remainder of his tears. "I didn't realize how much I needed that. These past few months have been..." His next words wavered. "So stressful."

The older sibling's eyes softened. "Of course. Anything for my little brother."

He rolled his eyes, laughing as he spoke. "Don't make me cry again..."

They laughed softly as Hanzo went to the door. "You ready to head back out there?" He asked, his hand on the doorknob.

"Almost..." He walked up to the door cautiously. "I just have one more question... When's the wedding?"

He shook his head, grinning. "It's May Nineteenth. And I'd be honored to have you as my best man."

A weak smile appeared on Genji's face. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."