Advice for the Brokenhearted

Forgiving, that's the first step to move on. Because when the hatred is gone you can forgive and you'll be able to move on.

Sometimes we have to think that life isn't that perfect. It has its own flaws. Everything has its purpose why this and that aren't perfect.

Have you ever asked someone how to move on? Have I? Yes, I have. Based on what I heard, some of my friends says that its hard and sometimes it takes time for us to be able to move on. For some of them it took years and for some months.

Am I brokenhearted right now? No. Have I somehow experience it in some way? Yes. And it only took me a few days to move on from it. Why? Because it is a waste of time and energy for me to be consumed by it.

Let me tell you my story but I'm not going to fill you all of it. When I was in junior year, there was this guy who's cute, tall and sporty. I look for him during recess and when I see him I try to look what he's doing. Of course when you have a crush on someone you're curious on what it is they're doing. And sometimes we steal glances and I couldn't help but smile.

We talked and then he said he liked me and asked me out. Anyways, we got along, texted and called all night long. But then something happened at school, I saw him talking to his ex outside and I was like, Okay I didn't saw that.

But he saw me and he walked closer, then he asked if we could talk. I wanted to ask him something but I was too nervous to know what they were doing there. But I asked him anyway and he said they got back again because his ex was crying and he didn't know what to do so he just decided to get back together. And I was like wtf? Seriously? But I just simply hid my anger and smiled it off.

We were still dating then and I decided to do the sane thing which is to break it off. Then after two days, I told him that I don't want to continue what it is that we had and do you have any idea what he did?

He was happy and told me that it's okay then he just smiled at me. He was freaking happy. What the hell! How would you react to that? And before walking away he said something that I utterly felt disgusted that I wanted to slap him right there and then. He freaking told me not to cry. The audacity! How thick headed is he?! Ugh, then I just simply said of course I won't.

And after that conversation, I went home and cried until I felt better. He was the most stupidest person I have ever had a crush on. How I regretted giving him my number. He was so full of himself and full of shit. But what happened to me?

Simple. I cried it all out and thought that I shouldn't waste my tears for him anymore because he's not worth crying for. My tears are too special, I shouldn't waste it and I could still find or wait for another guy to come. There are plenty of guys out there. He is definitely not the only one. Instead of crying everyday, watching sappy love stories, listening to crappy music or locking yourself up, you should just have fun instead.

Having fun doesn't hurt you and it'll make you happy. Go out with your friends because aside of boys/girls making you happy, your friends can make you happy too.

If you just realize that there are a lot of things that can make you happy even if its small or big. You should love yourself more when you're in love.

Making yourself happy must come first because no one is going to help you except yourself. So forgive and be happy. Life goes on you know. You should smile and laugh because that's what makes you happy and beautiful or handsome too.