Advice for the Brokenhearted

Some people say that when you find your great love you must not let it slip through your hands. You have to grab hold of it and never let it go. You only meet that one great love once in your life they say and sometimes I believe that that's true. Some people may say that you can still find it again and I also think that's possible.

No one will ever know what each and every person really feel or think because we all have different minds and experiences in life.

I may or may have not experienced that great love yet but when it comes, I hope I'll be ready. It is possible that I have experienced it myself but I don't think that it really was a great love.

Why? We've only been seeing each other for three months but we already loved each other. In that short amount of time, it made me realize that he really wasn't my great love but my the one that got away and I know every one had that kind of feeling or experience in their life.

If you haven't, don't even bother try to ask what it feels like or wish to experience it. Why? Because it hurts as hell.

My whole world revolved around him and I wasn't even complaining. I love that kind of world where I felt that I was being completely loved and understood by the one person who I really wanted to be with. I was really thankful that he was there for me through my ups and downs.

I think I wouldn't even survive a day without him and for that I was already grateful enough just for him to be there by my side.

But when that world tore apart, everything inside me felt numb. I couldn't even think properly. I did not want to eat. I kept crying and crying until the tears in my eyes dry out. My heart kept aching and was all over the place. Broken. Shattered into tiny little pieces.

Tried picking them up but was too broken to bother to try picking up the pieces again that he left. How wonderful it was to know that he will always be there for me but really awful when I realized he won't be there for me anymore.

Imagine that it only took some words to break my heart but years to mend it back again. Still, that three months and weeks that he gave me was amazing and still is and I will forever cherish it.

He was the most wonderful thing that ever happened in my life. Yes, heart breaking too but still I was thankful because I met him in this life. The one that still has my heart. Forever.

So if you think that you found that great love make sure that that person is worth the ache for. Make memories that you both can cherish together and the most important of all, never take everything or anything for granted.