Chapter Three: Choosing A Path

Start from the beginning

"Don't you threaten me. I could disintegrate you in a heartbeat!" snarled Caius.

Caius' fiery red hair made him easily recognizable. His scar enforced his unique image, running down the length of his face passing by his right eye down to his chin. It was caused by an Arturion, some years ago. He was lucky enough to get close to do it. Well it was more unlucky for him when Caius struck him down like the parasite he was.

"Careful, you should know better than to challenge me. Do not make me remind you why old friend." said Noran attempting to calm him. He did not want it to turn into a fight. That was the last thing they needed.

"Apologies brother. I should not have threatened, but you must understand my anger. The heir of Arturios is at your very feet no less and then swept away, lost to us." said Caius. Sighing in frustration, he descended back into his seat and looked at Noran, not breaking eye contact for even a second.

"I understand but we will find him before his powers manifest. With power of his magnitude it will take time before he's a serious threat. I have men everywhere attempting to track down his family in order to draw him out." said Noran confidently. Shuffling a few documents in front of them, attempting to tidy the mess before him and to keep himself calm.

"I hope you are right Noran. We cannot afford any more delays. We need all obstacles removed and this boy could ruin everything we've worked towards the last five hundred years." said Caius, staring Noran straight in the eye. Testing his confidence, looking for the slightest waver of faith in his statement. He found none and this was why he led them. He never doubted himself.

"He will be removed painfully as he watches his own flesh peel down to the bone." said Noran, grinning like a mad man. A man who knew he was mad and was enjoying every moment. Caius returned the smile feeling the anticipation of toying with the ancestor of the false king.

"Good to hear it. I shall enjoy it just as much. Maybe even more so." replied Caius, still smiling, his black eyes twinkling wickedly.

The door to the basement opened up and a young man, short with jet black hair holding an envelope in his hand. He looked to Noran cautiously before bowing his head in respect. He stepped forward and handed Noran the envelope. Noran snatched it from his grasp, annoyed at his hesitance. He tore it open with his thumb. A smile grew at the picture he pulled out from within.

"Thank you Magner. Go get something to eat and some rest, you have earned it." said Noran, waving Magner off as if he was a fly annoying him. Magner merely bowed his head again and left the room.

"Good news Noran?" asked Caius, raising an eyebrow in interest.

"Oh yes, good news indeed Caius." said Noran. He smiled as he threw the picture across the desk to within Caius's reach.

Caius picked up the photo a smile grew across his features, his heart pumping with excitement he hadn't felt in years.

"So this is the work of the new recruit. He might be insane but he is a blessing. We thought he wouldn't be able to target specific people so soon. It's just been random people so far. What a remarkable talent!" exclaimed Caius, still staring in awe at the picture.

It was a snapshot of a mansion from the air with lush green woodland spread out at the rear of the mansion a single track road leading to it with not even a farm close by.

"It will be a glorious day when we crush them beneath our feet like the ants they have always been. They can hide from us no longer, my brother." said Noran.

"Indeed. How soon do we march upon them?" asked Caius, eager for battle he had not experienced for many lifetimes. The very thought of it caused adrenaline to course through his veins.