Chapter Fourteen

Delilah's plane landed and she went to the arena. It was in turmoil. People were standing around in groups talking. All the work that needed to be done before a show hadn't been done. Magic users of all different types were everywhere. Several of them stopped and looked at her intently before returning to gathering their data. She seen Reaper standing by the ring, talking to a group of them. She focused in on the conversation around her.

"Did you see the way he just looked at her and she couldn't move? That's not including the barrier he had holding us back!" Garik was talking to Chrystain, who was rolling his eyes and suppressing a yawn. He didn't need a rundown of Julius' many gifts and curses. He'd seen them in action, some of them used on him. He spotted Delilah and left Garik still in awe. Chrystain caught her arm as she went past.

"Delilah, have you seen..." she jerked her arm free angrily. She finished his sentence with a sweet saccharine smile.

"Heather? No, but its sweet of you to ask." she said primly. He sighed, running a hand over his short spiky hair.

"Have you seen Varagon? You need to stick close to him for a while. Something's happened."

"Varagon is headed home, which is exactly where he needs to be. I don't need an escort everywhere, Chrystain." Impatiently, he got in front of her before she could stalk off.

"Look, Delilah could you drop the hostility for five seconds? This is important."

"Is he giving you problems, Delilah?" A deep male Greek voice spoke from behind him. Chrystain stepped back, frustrated as she nodded.

"Dimos, all I was doing was..."

"Save it, Chrystain. Just get lost."

"Fine. Get killed by the local madman. I was just trying to keep one of Heather's sisters from getting hurt. Hide behind dragon boy if you want to."

"Like you care? You left her high and dry. "Ignoring her, Chrystain turned and stalked towards the locker room.

"Dragon boy?" Dimos gritted out going after him. Micaro stepped in between and put a hand on his broad chest, praying he wouldn't have to do more. Dimos' eyes turned red and Micaro spoke with extreme calm.

"Calm down, Dimos. He was actually just trying to help. Delilah's sister and him have history." Dimos stopped, not placated but not enraged. "If you want to help her, stick close. Julius' has already been seen targeting her." The larger man nodded and caught up with her.

"So Dimos, what's going on?" she asked skirting a small glowing circle. Its energy went from a peaceful blue to a shining white as she passed and the man who'd created it came rushing over to check on it, not noticing her.

"Kenneth's dead." he said "And for about three hours, this entire building was held as a captive audience by a man named Julius." The awed reverence in his voice was not lost on her. Obviously, he was a fan of this Julius. Personally, she'd never heard of the guy. She wasn't really involved in the magical community. Her siblings made sure of that.

"So who is Julius?" she asked humoring him. His eyes brightened.

"You've never heard of him? I know all about him. Come. I'll tell you all that I know."

Chrystain slammed into the remarkably empty locker room and went straight to the punching bag they'd set up. His eyes were unfocused as he attacked the offending piece of equipment.

"You're everything to me, Chrystain." The chain creaked and groaned as he threw his superhuman strength into physically exercising his demons. His heart burned with pent up emotions that threatened to overtake him.