Chapter 17 ..

Last Chapter

"Why are we at a lawyer's office?"

"I told you I had an appointment."

"With a lawyer, what do you need to discuss with a lawyer?" Nelle.

"Get out and you'll see!" Aniya.

⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

"Man, I don't have time for this!" Nelli

"What do you have to do today? Huh? You off today, so what do you have to do?" Aniya.

She didn't say anything and she wasn't looking at me, she was looking the other way. I grabbed my purse and the keys.

"Get out the damn car and come on." Aniya.

She got out the car and followed me into the building. When we got in, we sat down, Nelle sat a seat down from me, ass.

"Mrs. Clair?" A lady called.

"Yes, that's me!" I stood up.

"Mr. Burg is ready for you. Follow me." the lady smiled and guided me to his office. When she opened the doorca man was sitting behind a huge desk.

"Come in please!" Mr. Burg

Nellia followed in behind me. I sat in one chair, she sat in another.

"Hello, mrs. Clair, who is this?" Mr. Burg

"Nellia Violet!" Nelli.

They shook hands... "Nice to meet you, i'm Mr. Charles Burg!" Mr. Burg.

"Nice to meet you too!" Nellia.

"So what is your case?" Mr.Burg.

"I'm here because i'd like to discuss a girl named Laysha and and a two month old baby, Carter Violet."

Nellia looked at me with a confused look.

"Go on!" Mr.Burg.

"Well, she is unstable to provide for the baby. Nellia violet, has been taking care of her and the baby since she was a couple weeks preg--" Aniya

"Babe!!!" Nellia.

" Shut up," I continued. "She paid doctors appointment, she paid for the over night stays for labor, she buys the baby food and clothes, she is paying rent for her apartment, she has provided this young lady with money every two weeks, because she has no job and cannot provide for herself, and we would like to take him into our care." Aniya.

"Okay.. While all of that may be true, if you do not have receipts to prove all this, there is nothing we can do about this but call child services." Mr. Burg

"I have all of that with me, the baby food, clothes, pampers receipt, the doctors appt. receipt, the rent receipt. But I do not have proof she is unemployed."

I took everything out the envelope and put it on his desk, he looked over all the receipts and I sat there in silence. Nellia was still looking at me with a shocked face.

"I think we may have a case, Mrs. Clair."

"Okay!" Aniya

"Wait so, are you saying we may have a chance of taking him away from his biological mother?" Nellia

"That is exactly what am I saying." Mr.Burg

"We can't do that, Aniya!" Nelli

"Why not, he is not in an safe envoirment."

"That's her son!" Nellia.

"Nellia, let's go, NOW! Thank You Mr. Burg. Aniya.

I walked out of the building and headed to to car, Nellia followed behind me. Once I got in, I started the car and puto on my seat belt.

"Baby, we can not take him away from her!" Nellia

"Why not?" Aniya

"That is his mother, his REAL mother." Nellia

"It is not about that, she doesn't have a job, she is not buying what he needs, she is living off of you! She can't provide for him! Why are you defending her?" Aniya

" Because I love her!" Nelli

".... You what?"

I looked at her not believing what I just heard.

"You love her?" Aniya.

She put her head in her hands, I think she realized what she said.

"Baby, look that is not what I meant, okay? It just blurted out." Nellia

"You do love her, don't you?"

"N-" I cut her off.

"Nellia, ... Don't you fucking lie to me."

"I love her as a friend, I promise."

She tried reaching for my hand.

"Don't touch me." Aniya

"I'm serious, she's just a friend." Nellia

Tears started rolling down my face. "You can't just be friends with someone you've dated for 11 months, and have had sex with, that is not possible." Aniya

"Baby, please don't cry. I love you, okay?"

I got some tissue and wiped my eyes. When I calmed down, I put the car in drive and headed home...

The whole car ride was silent, tears were still gliding down my face. I couldn't believe she said that. I wanted her to get out the car and take a cab home, but I couldn't do that. I love her.

We pulled up to the house and I got out and locked the car doors. We went into the house and I went up to the room to chabge back into my yoga pants. Nellia sat on the couch.

Nellia's POV

Man, I didn't mean to say that. Or did I ? I love Aniya, but I have memories with Laysha, and basically a son. I feel like those type of fathers that can't win with his baby moma or his wife. This is hard, I just want to see my son again, that's all.

Aniya came back down stairs with what she had on earlier. She looked at me and her eyes were puffy and red. I hate seeing my baby like this, I hate being the reason she cries.. She went into the kitchen, and I followed her.