Her King

Madison took a bite of her philly cheese stake, chewing slowly. Mark stared at Jonah and Jonah did the same. It was like they were competing, having a war with their eyes. People around them continued to babble but they were in a dome, in their own world.

"Traineer, hello," greeted Madi. The boys didn't budge; they acted like she didn't even peep a word and just continued to glare at each other.

After several minutes, she cleared her throat. Again, there was nothing. 'Boys,' she thought.

Madi continued eating her sub and when she finished, the two men were still engaged in an intense stare down.

"Okay then..." Madi felt so awkward. The two who have never met before were just staring down each other. That has got to be the most bazaar thing she's seen all day

"I best be on my way. Lunch ends in ten minutes." Madi stuffed her trash in the bag and cleaned up her crumbs.

"I'll come by for dinner, sugar. I've missed your mom's cooking," Jonah said in a sultry voice, placing his hand on hers, caressing the back of it with his thumb. She looked at it, furrowing her brows together.

"Well I'll see you then," She answered. The pet names are pretty normal for them; they’ve been calling each other that since they were toddlers but the hand holding was definitely new.

“See you then, satnin.” Madi slowly raised her head to meet Jonah’s eyes. Mischievous played among them, his lip curled. A decade later and here he is, still making fun of her love for the king.

“Don’t start, Jonah.” Then she just left their booth, leaving Jonah laughing and Traineer looking absolutely confused.