Her Brown Leather Journal

The clock was ticking its way to 6 o' clock. The rain had subsided and the sun was making its way down.

 'Say something,' Mark thought. It has been three hours since she said a word. He tried to make small talk by asking questions, but she would answersimply with just a word, or not even answer verbally at all.

Mark looked at the brown leather journal right next to her first empty cup of latte. She was writing in it earlier, and curiosity was circling around his head. What could she have been writing in that?

"Just got done grading your quiz." She tore her gaze off the screen to him. They were boring, her eyes. They didn't even have the sparkling gold specks in them anymore. She looked at him as if he were transparent. Madison just looked past him. She no longer looked at him and analyzed his eyes the way she used to.

Her shoulder rose up then down in a shrug. Maddi wrapped her fingers around her third cup of green tea latte and took a sip.

"Cool," she whispered, looking back at the show she was watching.

'Will she ever talk to me again?' Mark hated it when he was given the silent treatment by anybody, and this is definitely getting on his nerves. It was not his fault she wanted to leave his class. It was not his fault she fell in love with him, yet he was feeling guilty about the whole thing. Maybe he provoked it. Maybe he said something that she took sexually.

"I better leave," She whispered again. Madison looked back at him without giving him the slightest bit of emotion. Then, the side of her lip twitched up the slightest bit as she grabbed her three latte cups and laptop before leaving.

Mark just sat there completely confused as to why in the world she was acting so different. He looked at the seat she preoccupied not long ago. That's when something caught his eye.

A brown leather journal

.