Chapter 20 - Haley's wedding

Haley's POV
It's finally the day when Dylan and I say I do and I have never been more scared and excited at the same time. Last night I had my bachelorette party which wasn't that big. It was just Alex, Leah and I. We stayed at a hotel and had a few drinks then went to a bar and had some fun.
We now sit in the same hotel room while we get ready for the big day. My mom and Gloria arrived an hour ago and now we are just getting our hair and makeup done before we change into our dresses. My dress is beautiful. It has a white lace at the top and lace sleeves. The lace flows down into the beautiful silky bottom where it slight poofs out.  My make up is a black and slightly gold smoky eye with some nude lipstick as well as base, and all the other essentials. (A/n pictures of all the outfits are at the top.)
Alex is my maid of honor and Leah is my only other bridesmaid. They both wear violet dresses that go all the way to the floor and have small white flowers at the top. Their hair is half up in a braid while the rest hangs down in curls.
Our wedding is taking place outside  in the countryside where our hotel is situated.

As I sit I front of the mirror while the stylist, Rachel, braids my hair and places in a up do, all I can think is how ready I am to marry the love of my life and the father of my children.

"Haley are you ready?" My mom asks leaning against the doorframe to my bedroom as the woman doing my hair finishes and leaves.
"Yeah, I think I am," I say as I look at myself in the mirror.
"I can't believe my baby girl is getting married," She says as she pulls me into a hug.
"To be honest neither can I," I say with a small smile returning the gesture.

xxx

I watch as Leah and Luke walk out the barn where we are waiting to walk down the aisle, its door is closed in order to conceal what hides inside it, and what does is a very nervous Haley Dunphy who has her arms linked with her just as nervous father.
When Luke and Leah reach half way down the outstretched white carpet, Alex and Bill leave. Alex turning around and smiling at me before she does so. I still stand next to my father our arms linked and my head resting on his shoulder as I breathe deeply trying to calm myself down.

"I always knew you two would land up together," my dad says placing a kiss on my head.
"Really?" I ask curiously as I turn my head slightly to look up at him.
"Yeah, I guess I had a feeling that you two belonged together, but that still doesn't change the fact that my little girl is getting married," he says as I feel a tear fall onto my head.
"I love you dad," I say as we are about to walk out the barn.
"I love you too Haley, more than you will ever know," he replies just as the barn doors open once more and we begin to walk towards the end of the aisle where Dylan awaits. A teary eyed Leah and Alex to his right and a smiling Luke and Bill to his left.

When I reach the end I take hold of Dylan's strong hands and take a quick glance at the crowd to see my parents holding my children, my grandfather and Gloria to their right and all my friends behind them. I take a deep breath and turn to face Dylan once more.

I barely listen as the pastor speaks. I am so lost in Dylan's eyes none of it seems to matter. Eventually I am awoken from my daze when he asks me this question, "Haley Gwendolyn Dunphy, do you take Dylan Marshall to be you lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do," I say as happy tears stream down my face. Hopefully not ruining my mascara which took me forever to do. I gently place the ring on his finger and look back up to meet his eyes.

"Dylan Marshall do you take Haley Gwendolyn Dunphy to be you lawfully wedded Wife," he asks seriously.
"I do," he replies smiley widely at me and placing the beautiful ring on my finger.
"Then I pronounce you man and Wife, you may kiss the bride," he says motioning for us to kiss.
I smile at Dylan before he pulls me in for a passionate kiss that we only break as we become desperate for air.
My mother hands me my son and Dylan takes our daughter from my father as we walk back down the aisle to the reception.
xxx
The reception was lovely and so romantic. I loved it, I sit next to Dylan at one of the many tables. Cake smeared slightly on my face from where Dylan smashed it in my face earlier after I did it first.
Most of the guests have left as it is quite late and Leah and Luke are the ones keeping us here, because they have a surprise for the whole family.
They stand before us. Leah holding the bouquet she caught earlier in her hands while Luke has his arm draped around her waist.

"Are you all listening," Luke says to my over excited family.

Everyone seems to quite as they look at him. Leah is smiling widely as she waits in anticipation to share their news.

"Good," he adds as everyone's gaze land on the couple. I shift In Dylan's arms as Jason starts to move slightly while lying on my chest. He is wearing the cutest mini tux that matches his dads as he does so. Alexa is in Alex's arms laughing at Luke desperately trying to get our attention. She is wearing the cutest little violet dress that matches her aunts. I can't believe in 4 months my babies will be one.

"Okay well we heard that Haley and Dylan weren't able to go on honeymoon, because they are saving money for the twins," Leah says taking over from Luke as she addresses the family.

I nod in recognition of her previous statement we where saving for the future so we decided a honeymoon could wait awhile.

"Well you guys don't know this, but my parents owned a resort in South Africa before they died and in the event of their passing it, along with all of their other assets, would go into and estate for me. Long story short I have shared ownership of the place with my adoptive father, so I can come and go as I please. I was able to organize an all expenses paid trip to South Africa for everyone sitting here." She says excitedly.
I am shocked Leah never mentioned having money. Let alone owing a whole fricken resort she has to be a billionaire.
"Leah I can't let you pay for that. I'm so grateful for the offer, but it must cost an untold fortune to do so," my mother adds as she takes Leah's hand wearing a look of pure shock on her face.
"Please consider it a wedding gift, really money is not a problem and I wanted a way to thank all of you for your love and support when I moved over here," she says.
I look to the rest of my family they are all still wearing the same look of shock on their faces. All seeming to be under a spell preventing them from speaking.
"All of us?" Lily asks as she shoots a look to what seems to be a very distraught Manny.
"Of course, I consider you all family. The least I could do is share my fortune with you, besides my parents really want to meet you in person," She replies as she walks away from my mother and back into Lukes arms.
"So what do you say, How does a trip to South Africa sound?" Luke asks as he looks to me and Dylan.
"Uhm Amazing," I reply as I give Jason to my father, who might I add is still staring at Leah in shock, and run over to Leah and wrap her in a tight hug.
"Anything for sisters, right?" She says as she moves her arms to my shoulders and hugs me back.
"Thank you," is all I can manage before I burst into tears.

💕💕💕
I'm back. Did ya miss me? Cause I missed you. Thank you for all the love I have been getting recently. It really means the world to me. I hope you enjoyed that and if you did leave a comment. I love you all. Till next time 💫❤️
-L
💕💕💕