"He's already out, okay? In case you didn't know he was released in February." I interrupt quickly. It's best to get to the point. He's out and there's nothing she or anyone else can do about it.

Sighing heavily, I watch her remove her black rimmed glasses from her oval shaped face. With confused azure eyes, she leans back in her chair then says,

"It's been five months. Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Holding my head down, I think before speaking. Should I tell her the truth? Should I tell her I'm near my breaking point again? That I can't take the constant phone calls, nightmares, and "presents" anymore. That, for these past five months I feel like I'm losing my mind all over again.

"In fact, why didn't you come to me sooner? I haven't seen you since March. You know, the time when you told me you were doing fine and didn't need my help anymore?" She raises an eyebrow to remind me of my previous words. The same words I regret now.

"Well, I was wrong. I need your help." I sigh while twiddling my fingers. Noticing the diamond ring on my finger, I realize that I need to tell her the truth...well part of it.

Looking up, I see her features transform from teasing to solemnity.

"These current nightmares are doing more than just scaring me. They're changing the way I feel towards..." I trail off. I don't want to say it, hell I don't even want to think about it.

"Ava, I know this is difficult for you. Maybe even more difficult than the time he went on trial, but you have to protect yourself and your son. That's all that matters."  She replies bluntly, forcing my panicked thoughts to heighten.

If she is telling me to protect Danny and myself then this is more serious than I thought. This means that there really is nothing no one can do.

I can be strong but deep down inside, I'll be dying on the inside. I'll be falling apart because I'm not ready for this agaim. I'm not ready to go back to fear and pain. I'm not ready to hear my phone ringing off the hook, or my apartment being broken into. I'm not ready to be harassed again.

With my hands between my shaking legs, I glare at her.

"Why should we have to live in fear, huh? Why can't he just get more time in prison? I don't get this!" I shout angrily. I'm beyond pissed at this point.

She remains silent, holding my aggravated stare. With her pen on her lips, she frowns in concern. I know what she is expecting from me so I'm going to give it to her.

Sighing in frustration, I continue my rant.

"I mean we've spoken to the police and there's nothing they can do because he apparently hasn't broken any laws yet. We've tried speaking to Senator Hunt about his son but he refuses to talk to me." 

It was a little over two months ago when I stormed in Senator Hunt's downtown office to discuss his son's behavior. His secretary told me he was in a meeting and that he'd speak to us when finished.

Well, we waited for two hours until I got fed up. The enraged monster inside of me blew up in front of his business colleagues, assistants, and other influential personnel. At that point, I didn't care if they were covered in gold, I was upset. I yelled, screamed, cursed, and threatened him; just wanting him to make his son stop harassing  my family and I. But that didn't work. It only forced the authorities to kick us out.

"What about moving, Ava? Can't you and your family move to a secluded place?" She inquires calmly.

With a small eye roll, I force my tired eyes to meet hers.