5

Disclaimer I don't own any of the characters!!!
____________________________________________________________________

Sasuke's POV

We arrived at the gates to meet team Minato.

Minato, Kakashi, and Rin were there and me, Obito, and the dobe had just arrived.

It was obvious how Obito liked Rin, but she would rather fawn over Kakashi, whereas he did not return her feelings and would rather train. Older Kakashi had told Sasuke that when he was a genin, his team and Sasukes team was very alike. Naruto was like Obito, Sakura was like Rin, and Sasuke was like himself.

By watching how they had interacted, this was very true. Sasuke was very very happy to see his family again, even though he knew how it would end, the massacre would happen. This was a saddening thought, but he kept his steel mask on. Just like any Uchiha.

Sasuke knew that this wasn't the best way to live with his emotions. He knew that keeping these emotions bottled up would eventually lead him to break. He knew this, so he took it out with training. He knew this. 

Quietly we endure, silently we suffer, patiently we wait, this is the will of warriors, this is the will of the Uchiha. 

Sasuke knew, this, Uchiha must have masks of steel and dulled emotions. If not, the results could be deadly, It was a curse. Their curse, and their burden.

When an Uchiha hates, they hate with every fiber of their being, with every breath they take, with every thought they make. Their hatred is all consuming and sometimes even led to insanity. It is why an Uchiha very rarely hates. 

Yes, they don't like and, yes, they are displeased or angry with a person or situation, but they don't hate. If Madara's and all the younger generations really hated the Senju, like their fathers and forefathers did, then peace would have been impossible.

 Uchihas feel too strongly, too fiercely, no matter the emotion. It is why most clans know better than to earn themselves an Uchihas' ire or, Kami forbid, their hate.

When an Uchiha is loyal, they are loyal to the bone. Any vow they make, they take it seriously. An Uchiha will gladly die for anyone who earns their loyalty.

They will never leave a comrade behind, dead or alive. They will stay with you to your last dying breath and protect you with every fiber of their being. They will never defect and they will never be bribed or won over by a more pleasing offer.

And when an Uchiha likes, they love. They love with their mind, body and soul. They love with their life. Their love was absolute, fatal and unwavering. It is final. When an Uchiha loves, they love more than anyone. They will do anything for the person they love.

It is an emotion so intense that anyone else would go insane because of it. It is all consuming. It is unchanging. And it is dangerous, because should the one who all that love is directed at die, the Uchiha will go mad.

That is their Curse.

Not many know about that aspect to the Uchihas' character. They see the impassive expressions with only anger and aggression as flashes of emotions and they have dubbed the Uchiha as cold and unfeeling. 

The Senju had been calling themselves the clan of love for centuries, which automatically labeled the Uchiha as the clan of hate and people never bothered to see beyond that stereotype when they actually meet an Uchiha. 

The Uchiha never bothered to change their reputation. Let the secret of the depth of their love remain unknown. For it could be seen as weakness. And weakness is a flaw.

Sasuke knew damn well that his head was all jumbled up from the massacre and from the nightmares that plague his dreams, but just like anyone else in his clan, he keeps his pain hidden away, through many walls not even Ibiki could break through. He kept in his true emotions and set up the mask of stone.

Sasuke was quickly snapped out of his thoughts, scolding himself for letting his mind wander off task. 

"-We are going to take a highly important scroll to the Raikage, this very scroll could mean the end of the war in the near future, we should leave immediately" Minato finished

And just like that they were off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto was worried. 

Very worried.

Okay, scratch that, the most worried he has ever been in his life.

Ever.

Something was wrong with teme. Very wrong. Naruto could see the silver lining with him.

Sasuke had been emotionally and mentally screwed over many time, given, he would have mental scars, but the fact he was an Uchiha made it. so. much. worse.

Nothing against the clan, no, from what Naruto had seen, they were closer than most intermidiate family was, and they were even a shinobi clan for kami's sake!

But the Uchiha did have their flaws, they were almost all emotionally constipated. They didnt ever, ever give off their true emotions. And that is what was making Naruto worry.

He knew this would be too much for Sasuke even if he was normal aged, hell, just by the description of what Itachi did to teme from the reports, made Naruto sick. In both ways. 

What Itachi did was horrible, then Sasuke had to learn, ALONE, that his entire life, every single decision, every single path Sasuke took played him right into the sadistic hands of his own brother.

But worried Naruto the most was not that Sasuke was bottling up his emotions, yes it was concerning, but Naruto knew that he would do it anyways regardless.

Naruto knew that Sasuke could handle his emotions just fine, but everything has most likely come back at him 100 miles per second, causing his emotionless mask to crack.

There were already signs if it happening. First with almost killing that Uchiha member, then killing the ANBU, and running into the forest of death, and in the hospital...

Because now that Naruto had the time to ponder over their friendship, Naruto saw quite clearly how Sasuke put in most of the effort into their friendship, not to mention Sasuke almost dying on a number of accounts to save the blond ninja.

Naruto's point is, Sasuke is going to come in at a breaking point, and Naruto'll be damned if he doesn't help teme through this. 

Published 1/5/29 - 1061 words