Chapter 4

Hongjoong walked towards the parking lot the next day, having managed to convince Soojung to meet him near her car. He thought back to their text conversation.

HJ: Hey, it's me, Hongjoong.

SJ: oh. Hi.

HJ: I heard what you told Seonghwa.

SJ: I wasn't lying.

HJ: I believe you. You had no reason to.

SJ: Oh.

HJ: I want to meet you. Are you still on campus?

SJ: No. I'm out right now.

HJ: okay. Tomorrow maybe?

SJ: I don't plan on coming to class. But I'll probably come to campus around lunch to see San. Would you be free?

HJ: yes yes. Where?

SJ: Parking lot?

HJ: near your car?

SJ: Works.

HJ: Okay. I'll see you tomorrow.

SJ: Cool. See you.

He turned to enter the parking lot when he saw Hyejung talking to Soojung who was leaning on her car. She looked tensed whereas Hyejung looked cocky. He quickly took out his phone to record, thankfully they were close enough for him to hear what they were talking about.

~

Soojung was waiting in the parking lot for Hongjoong. She was earlier then she was supposed to come to see San and dropped a message to Hongjoong telling him she was there who replied that he was on his way.

She was busy on her phone when she heard clicking of heels on concrete approaching her. She didn't look up until she heard someone clearing her throat just in front of her. She looked up and immediately scrunched her face in disgust to see Hyejung in front of her.

"What" she spat out at the girl smirking in front of her.

"Heard you told Seonghwa that I was cheating on him" she told her sweetly.

"Aren't you?"

"I am. But that doesn't mean he needs to know that" she told him, smiling creepily sweetly and Soojung willed herself to not punch her stupid face.

"You're a piece of shit"

"And yet he's dating me and not you" Hyejung smirked at her cockily.

She tensed and stopped leaning on the car and stood straight.

"Watcha gonna do bitch? Punch me? Gonna give Seonghwa more reasons to hate you?" Hyejung spoke lowly coming closer to her, all her smiling demeanor gone.

"He doesn't hate me" She spoke while trying to calm herself down.

"Listen. I'm not here to fight but to warn you to stay away from him and don't say anything to him anymore. This is our relationship so let it be. He's not gonna believe you at all. He trusts me too much so stay away!" Hyejung spoke and left.

Soojung silently seethed and kicked her car's tire in anger. "Fucking bitch!" she yelled.

"Soojung?"

She turned back, still angry and saw Hongjoong waving his phone towards her. She looked at it and saw a video playing. A video of Hyejung and Soojung talking by her car just minutes ago.

She looked up at Hongjoong who was smiling sadly at her.

"He's gonna be sad but he needs to know this."

She nodded at him as he sent the video to Seonghwa.