joey's sentencing

Börja om från början

"inmate birlem, speed it up!" the guard shouts. joey rolled his eyes and hugged dev.

"take care man." he pats his back loudly. "and take care of june and my son, hopefully my sentencing gives us good news." he smiled a bit.

"we're praying for you joey, soph is gonna come and hopefully she brings your mother." joey nods slowly.

"i won't warn you again birlem!"

joey rolled his eyes. "i'm going!" he kisses my forehead before walking backwards with a smile on his face. he waves at us before turning around and walking out of the visitation room.

"he's gonna be okay." dev says. i nod and rest ku head against his chest. "i hope so." i mumble. he wraps his arm around me before making our way out of the prison.

joey

i head back into my cell where i see my bunky trying to shove his drugs down his pants. he looks over at me and chuckles. "drug sweep, id stuff it down my throat but i could die from that."

"so you're just shoving it down your pants?" i asked him. he nods. "it's not like they're gonna check in there, plus i already have a big d-"

"shut up." i rolled my eyes before he could say anything else.

since they were doing a drug sweep i decided to hide any of my contraband while i was at it. i got to keep the piece of paper that had my baby's gender on it i stashed it inside the pocket of my shirt.

i grabbed my book and flipped through the pages trying to look for my coke. once i find it i grab it and set the book down. i look around trying to look for s good hiding spot, i look over at martinez my bunk mate. "i'll give you my hot cheetos in exchange for shoving my drugs down your pants." i tell him.

he sits there, thinking about it before nodding. i hand it over to him just in time as one of the guards walk in. "inmates martinez and birlem, step aside this is a random drug sweep."

martínez and i stand by the cell door watching two guards toss our shit, not missing an inch of the cell. they go through our drawers and toss our beds around. after they couldn't find anything they tell us to clean up and that we're good.

i pick all my stuff up and put it away where it goes. after doing so i walk out of my cell and look around at all the inmates who were either walking around or playing with each other.

i walk over to the cell phone booth since there wasn't anyone there. i punch in sophia's number and press the phone against my ear, waiting for an answer. she picked up after four rings. "hello? joey is that you?"

i smile and nod, even though she couldn't see me. "hey sis, how are you?"

"i'm good big brother? how are you? i miss you so much i still can't believe you turned yourself in." i sigh.

"i know, i kind of regret because i miss being with june and talking to her. in here i have no one."

"i'm sorry joey. i'm hoping your sentencing goes well, does your lawyer think you could fight this?"

i shrug. "she basically told me i'm going to rot in here. i'm so fucking scared soph, i don't want to die in this damn place."