Sweet and Simple

Cole had had a rough day to put it lightly. He had been rejected from a part he had really wanted, messed up in way too many scenes to count, and to top it all off, he had just gotten in a huge fight with his brother over his smoking habit. So what did he do about it? Well right now he was sitting on the balcony of his Vancouver apartment smoking a cigarette.

    He felt the light buzz in his head as the nicotine entered his system. Soon he relaxed and snubbed out the cig in an ashtray he kept on the deck.

    "Cole?" A feminine voice called. Shit, Lili! he thought. She had been trying to get him to stop basically since they met. He had tried for her, but it didn't stick. On the bright side, it's not like he chainsmoked or anything. … Anymore.

    Lili walk out onto the balcony to find Cole leaned against the railing with his head in his hands.

    "Cole, Honey. Are you ok?" she asked, rubbing light circles between his shoulder blades.

    He sighed and turned around to face her. Lili Reinhart. The light and love of his life. He pulled her into a hug. "I am now that you're here," he told her, cringing internally at how cheesy it sounded.

    She laughed into his shoulder. Ahhh her laugh. He wished he could listen to it forever. Nothing would make him happier.

    They moved inside, away from the chilly Canadian night. They cuddled up on the sofa and Lili turned on some movie or another. Cole wasn't really paying attention. He was just admiring the angel sitting with him.

    "Lili," he said, causing her to turn her eyes to his face. "Why did you fall for me?" It was a question that had haunted him from the beginning. How could someone as perfectly imperfect as her, fall for his hot mess?

    I concerned look crossed her face. "Cole," she said seriously. "You are the sweetest and most amazing person I know. No one can even compare to you. You know how to make me laugh and comfort me. You make me feel safe after a long day. You are my everything, Cole. I love you. I will never stop loving you."

    She was beautiful. I closed the gap between us and brought our lips together in a sweet, passionate kiss. She tasted like mint and summer. A contrast to my own flavor of smoke and musk, though somehow they perfectly complemented each other. Much like we did.

    "Lili?" I asked breaking away. "Can we spend the rest of forever just like this?"

    She nodded and reconnected our lips. Living for every touch and every moment spent together in the other's embrace.