~22~ He Shows Up (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Mr. Teach, where do I sit? You know, usually I'm more of a back row kind of guy." He looked at Back-of-the-class Brenda before turning back. "Whoa. That's unusual." Cory gestured to the seat behind Lucas. "Have a seat right there, Mr. Babineaux."

"Lucas, Kenzie, do you know this Isaiah?" Riley questioned.

Zay sat on his desk. "Yeah, tell 'em you two know me good."

"How 'bout the three of us talk later, okay?" Lucas said. I nodded in agreement.

"Well, Mr. Babineaux, if you work out as well as last year's new student, we're happy to have you."

"Wait. What? Lucas, you're doing okay here?"

"Why wouldn't he be okay here?" Riley asked innocently, causing me to cringe.

"Not currently on probation? No disciplinary actions? They just let them wander free?"

"Them?" Maya and Farkle asked.

"Makenzie and Lucas." Zay said in a 'duh' tone.

"Sit down!" Farkle yelled. "Okay new guy's all settled in and there's still class time left so do it! Do it while I'm still tingly!"

"So, In 1831, Belgium declared-"

For the second time that day, an unexpected voice spoke up. "What is the secret of life?"

Cory and Farkle simply stared at Yogi. "I'm sorry, Mr. Farkle." He stood up. "I know I'm not your daughter, but I too have value in this world. What is the secret of life?" Cory chuckled and held up the eraser.

"Don't do it!" Farkle warned. "Put that eraser down and no one gets hurt." Cory smiled and erased the chalkboard, causing Farkle to scream and pound his head on his desk.

"Yogi has asked the primary riddle of the universe: What is the secret of life? People spend their whole lives trying to figure it out. I was lucky. I had a teacher who cared about me to make sure I knew. Lucas, You got an opinion on this?"

"Yes, What do you got, Mr. Moral Compass?" Maya said, causing me to groan.

"Did you just call Lucas Friar your moral compass? What's next? You''ll call Kenzie your moral compass?" Zay asked, smirking. "Ha, they called you moral compass!" He laughed. Lucas and I turned and glared at him, while I rolled my eyes. "Okay."

"Something bad is going to happen, Maya."

Maya nodded. "Yeah. It occurs to me you're trying to tell us Ranger Rick was a little different back in Texas."

"A little? What do they know, exactly? 'Cause I wouldn't wanna say anything wrong. They know you're a year older, right?" I was starting to get more and more frustrated with Zay.

"Yeah. Now they do."

Zay shook his head. "Oh, yeah, it's my fault. Look at you! At least Makenzie told them about how her mom died." oh no. "I mean how can you not tell them you're a year older, but Kenz can tell them how she-"

I stood up, slamming my hands on the table. "Isaiah Babineaux will you shut the heck up for once!!!" I yelled.

"Okay," Cory said softly. "That's enough, Mr. Babineaux."

"Oh, so you know about them?"

"I know all about Mr. Friar and Ms. Huxton." Wait what?

"Excuse me?"

"Riley, you're shaking." Maya warned, although she was shaking just as much.

"Dad? You know something?"