Part 39

John glared at the pair, shooting daggers at Arlo and Seraphina. The sight of his glare could cause virtually anyone to whimper in fear. Earlier, as a cripple, the ones on the receiving end would've just been annoyed. Arlo shivered, chills running down his spine. He bit his lip, having that gut feeling that something bad would happen.

It's John, he'll clearly get mad at anything. To be honest, I wouldn't even be too surprised if he hit someone just to hurt someone, Arlo thought.

John gave the two a brief flare of anger, but his anger quickly turned into another emotion. His facial expression was still in a threatening scowl, but his eyes showed what he was truly feeling. They do say the eyes are the window to the soul for a reason. The dark yellow irises looked as if they were coated with some liquid. Tears.

"What the hell do you think you're doing with her?" John screamed at the tall blonde, absolutely furious at him. The emotion he kept bottled inside suddenly burst out from inside him. "Sera?! Why are you even talking to someone like him?" The ravenette spat out in pure hatred, combined with disgust.

"W-why?" John's voiced cracked.

"Err, John? Could we please speak in private? Arlo, you can leave now," Seraphina replied, shooing the blond off with her finger. She was speaking as calmly as she could in such a tense moment.

John contemplated the suggestion before speaking. "No. Not until you," he paused, pointing at Arlo, "Explain yourself. Why were you talking to Seraphina? Are you trying... to get her against me?"

John paused for a moment, turning his creepiness and authority into anger. All the feelings he had kept hidden suddenly burst out. "Arlo I've had enough of your crap! First off, you bring me to a field and try overpowering me, make my life a living hell, and now you try getting my closest friend against me?" Spit flew everywhere as John yelled.

"Listen, John, not everything is against you! You don't even know what I was talking about, do you?" Arlo scowled at the insolent teen.

Not everything is against me? What type of thinking is that... in this school, everyone was always against me! Except for Sera. I can't bear to let her go. She's my only friend, John thought. It's hard to find someone who will stick by your side no matter what...

"Bold of you to assume that. I heard what I heard," John argued back.

"Gosh, you're pretty stubborn, aren't you? I'm just trying to do this for the school's own good. What else could I do to try and fix this mess of a school you made? Nothing will stop you except for Seraphina. She's your only weakness. We both know that you don't care at all about what anyone else has to say. All I wanted was to get Seraphina to talk to you about this, alright?" Arlo stated, calming down a bit. "This school has turned into chaos after the mess you turned it into."

John looked at Arlo with a glare of pure resentment. It wasn't just hatred. He slightly turned his head to the right, glancing over at Sera with a pang of guilt. She met his eyes and looked away from him.

"Uh, S-sera?" John spoke out to her, his voice trembling.

Getting no response, he thrust his arm forward, grabbing her wrist. It was the only way he could think of to get some reaction from her. Disappointed, the magenta-haired teen tried tugging out of his grasp. She had felt as if a minute had passed in her struggle. Yet, of course, his grip was too strong.

Seeing Seraphina's reaction, a wave of guilt overwhelmed the ravenette.

She's disappointed in me and angry. Ugh, this is the opposite of what I wanted to happen! John thought to himself.

Nevertheless, another emotion overpowered it.

That stupid, good for nothing high-tier thinks he can boss me around. Doesn't he know by now that this is all his fault? Ejecting me, someone who wanted nothing to do with the hierarchy, into it? That piece of crap should know that by now! Just because someone has some strength doesn't mean they want to rule. He didn't know anything about my background and what I went through, Those students deserved every bit of their beating! I'm bringing this school down to the ground, no matter what. Thanks to him.

John let go of Sera's wrist, noticing a red mark his strong grasp left. Seraphina waved her wrist around, shaking off the pain. Sera opened her mouth to speak, and John let her.

Author's Note: Sorry I've been gone for a while, but I hope you enjoyed the new chapter! Tell me what you guys thought about it, and vote if you liked it!

-Lemoinx