Angel's Wings pt. 1

"Good you're here!" Emmalyn called out, waving Zane over. She grabbed her keycard, holding it to the laboratory security scanner as the large metal doors opened. "Hurry!" She muttered, rushing Zane over.

"Ok, Ok! I'm coming." Zane grumbled, walking over and following Emmalyn. "Emmalyn, when I said that I'd always be willing to help you out, I didn't mean at 3am!" He complained, rubbing at his eyes.

"Oh hush! You wont believe what crossed our borders last night." She started, holding her clipboard close as she walked down the hall. "We still don't know what it is, but it certainly isn't human." She continued, her tone more serious then usual.

"What?" Zane asked, staring at Emmalyn with a confused and judgmental expression. "Emmalyn are you alright?" He asked, as he didn't believe his partner. "Have you had to much coffee lately?" He questioned, raising his eyebrow. "Or maybe a lack of sleep?" He further added, only to get a glare from the short female.

"I'm not joking Zane! This is real life, and that thing sure as hell isn't human." She stated, grabbing Zanes arm. "We've tried talking to him, he just isn't responding." She grumbled, leading Zane over to a large gray door, both guarded and covered with strong security.

"Wait a minute." Zane mumbled, stopping in his tracks. "Him?" He asked, as he couldn't help but catch that in Emmalyn's sentence. "Talk?" He added, glancing at the door. "are you sure this isn't just a crazy lunatic that put on a Halloween custom, and simply told you he wasn't human?" He asked, only to be punched in the arm. "Ow!" He exclaimed, rubbing his arm.

"That's what you get, I'm not an idiot!" She grumbled, showing her ID to one of the security guards.

"Fine, so you're telling me that the government finally caught someone who wasn't human, what I'm assuming locked them up in this highly guarded room, and now wants to community with this special entity?" Zane stated, looking at Emmalyn .

"Yes." Emmalyn exclaimed, shaking her head. "Finally you understand."

Zane rolled his eyes, trying to take all this new information in. "So why am I here?" He asked, looking at the door.

"He's being mute, and we need someone to get him tot talk. We've tired many things, threaten, bribe, peacefully communicating to some extent. But nothing, so I'm taking a different approach this time." She mumbled, looking at her clipboard. "I want you to befriend him, try explaining that we are peaceful and simply want to communicate."

"Befriend him?!" Zane repeated, staring wide eyed at Emmalyn. "Are you trying to get me killed?! He could be dangerous, if what you're saying is true then we cant trust this being." He exclaimed, unable to believe his friend. "Besides, I'm the worst person for the job. Have you seen the amount of friends I have! There minimal."

"I understand that, but perhaps it might work. The security guards will hear you if anything goes wrong, don't worry. You'll need to fill out a daily report about how your progress is going, so don't forget to do so." She mumbled, handing Zane the clipboard. "Now go." She gestured, as she gently pushed Zane to the now opened door.

Zane gulped, not being on board with this whole plan. He slowly entered the dimply lit room, looking around. He gasped once he saw shadowed being in one of the corners of the room, a strong chain connecting to the floor, and the other end to the creatures ankle. He couldn't make out much of the creatures features, as he had chosen one of the darkest corners. He wasn't sure why the room was so dark, perhaps to give the creature some form of ability to hide.

"Hello.." Zane whispered, looking at the creature. He could slowly make out to large wings, which seemed to cover the creatures body decently.

"I-Im Zane.." He introduced, as he wasn't sure how to address this creature, it wasn't everyday that you meet someone who isn't human. He hated that fact, as Zane had always dreamed of fantasy creatures and magic as a kid, his biggest wishes back then to see magic in person. But sadly, this wasn't how their reality worked, it was only filled with greedy, and harmful humans. Like himself.