Chapter 22

"I'm so happy.." Liam announced his joy to all.

Zayn groaned hoping Liam's flair for dramatic entrances doesn't wake up his baby girl. Yazz usually sleeps well through the night, even between her feeds, but last night she was restless, wouldn't stop crying.

Harry had worried she was ill as she's not a fussy baby and worked himself in such a state, Zayn was in turn worried he will have an asthmatic attack. Harry had Facetimed his mom all flustered and anxious, moving the phone all around the baby for Anne to see, Zayn thought he looked like a security guard with a metal detector the way he kept moving the phone.

Anne said Yazz was probably just feeling too warm cause she was wearing a thick fluffy white romper,

'as much as she looked like a cute little lamb it's too warm to sleep on'. Anne had said.

She was right. Yazz did settle after they changed her into something lighter, but was angsty when she woke up for her feed, in the end they decided she'd better sleep in their bed.

So after that sleepless night, right now Zayn was tired, Harry was tired and fallen asleep after their brunch, which was surprising as he is such a morning person. Harry had suggested inviting the boys for brunch to tell them about their engagement. So here they are, Zayn lying on top of his sleepy boyfriend. Correction, fiancee. He can't believe he's engaged and a father at twenty three.

Louis was lying on the opposite couch Yazz sleeping on his chest as she was still fussy Zayn was more than happy to pass her to Louis when the latter arrived this morning, Niall was resting in the loveseat munching on something. Liam the last one in, he did say he was going to be late as he had a gym session he couldn't miss. Trust Liam to flaunt his energy in their faces, Harry has scoffed upon hearing that.

"You're happy. Okay.." Louis said.

"Okay? Is that all you got? Okay" Liam looked at him.

Louis chuckled, "What do you want me to say, Liam?"

"You're supposed to ask me why I'm so happy...that's how it works"

"Okay..." Louis said.

"No, don't say okay Louis, ask me why I'm happy for goodness sake." Liam huffed when Louis just stared him saying nothing else, he turned his attention to Niall. "Niall? How about you?"

"You always do this though, Liam, you'll be like 'ooh I'm so excited' 'ooh I'm so happy' blah blah." Louis said, "Why can't you blurt it out what's making you happy like everyone else instead of turning everything into a bloody fucking mystery huh?" He sat up, the baby's nappy needed changing he could smell it, Zayn looked exhausted and in no state to do that. Neither was Harry who was snoring. "Well, go on then. Tell us
why the fuck are you happy for then..?"

"Well_" Liam bit his lips. "I proposed to Sophia. Ta da."

"Bloody drama queen." Louis mumbled getting up to change the baby. "Good for you, mate."

"Good for you mate? Is that it? Wow. The enthusiasm just jumped out of you there, Louis, thanks." Liam said sarcastically.

"What can I say? I can only handle one proposal at a time.." Louis said headed for the nursery cradling the baby.

"One proposal at a time?" Liam asked Niall. "What does he mean by that?"

Niall smiled at him. "He means baby daddy Harry over there also proposed to his baby Zee yesterday."

"What? Oh my gosh! Zee. Harry." Ever the drama king, Liam jumped on Zayn to hug him, kissing them both, waking Harry, who groaned. "Congratulations, I am so happy for you guys. Let me see the ring, actually no tell me how did you proposed, Harry. Oh my goodness this is amazing."