Painful Truth

Harris

Last night I could not find Beth, so I decided to wait until the next morning to find her so that we could talk, about last night. It was still the early morning of the day and I knew Thea would be up and I for some reason wanted to see her and talk to her about Beth. I approached the hallway where her room is and saw the door open, and out came that stable boy. What the hell is he doing at this time? He was fixing his belt and I knew what he was doing, it all made sense coming from her room. With that, I turned and walked away, I didn't want to see Thea, I was beyond pissed.

I kept myself busy going through my work in my own office, my father had gifted me with my own office on its own wing since I would be needing a space for my own work. A knock on my door made me get up to answer it. When I saw that it was Beth I let her in and she closed the door behind her. She grabbed me and planted a kiss on my lips and for some reason I responded to her kiss. The kiss deepen into a more passionate kiss between the two of us, kissing turned into something else and before I knew it we had gone too far.

Beth had left and I soon was walking around the castle deep in my thoughts. What happened between me and Beth was wrong, I always had girls to fool around with; But something was different, I don't know what it was. I was walking around one of the hallways in the castle when I heard my name being called. I knew it was Thea, but I continued walking away from where she was calling my name. I was not in the mood to talk to her, but then I felt someone grab hold of my arm and I stop in my tracks, I turned and look at Thea. I didn't want to see her I was upset at her for being around Jonah. "Harris I've been looking around for you." I just stared at her not knowing if I should believe her, "Why don't you go and find Jonah to talk to." I saw her eyebrows lift up at my question. "It's not like you haven't seen him naked before." Her eyes widen at my statement, and I almost felt bad, but that was almost. "Harris what are you talking about?" She thought I was stupid, "I saw Jonah coming out of your room half undressed." Her eyes widen with shock. "What does that have to do with our friendship, it doesn't matter about Jonah?" That's all she thought about us as friends.

I don't know when I realized it, I didn't want to be just friends with Thea, I cared for her and seeing Thea with Jonah made me upset. "Is that all you see us as Thea, just friends?" She was silent for a few seconds "I care for you so much Harris, you're like an older brother, my only real best friend." For some reason I was angry that's all I was. But, I knew Thea felt like this also, after all I recently just came into her life again. I looked into her green eyes and knew what I was going to do, I couldn't even have her even if she felt the same way as I did. I had to let her go and end are relationship, and that included our friendship, because I don't think I could be around watching her being happy with Jonah, but I have to let her go and be happy and that means I have to be selfless. I reached into the back of my pocket where I have kept the letter my mom gave me, she told me to give it to her at the right time and now I think is the time I should give it to her.

I reached for the envelope in my pocket and handed it to Thea, I saw the look in her eyes as she saw her name scribbled on the front. "My mom wanted me to give this to you when the time was right, it's from your parents." Her eyes darted back an forth between the letter and to me, but I know what I needed to do next, I needed to hurt her like I did all those years before, I had to do this. "Read the damn letter when you have time." I could tell she was shocked by my response. "How long have you had it?" I just ignored her answer. "Who cares, all I know is that I need to get back to Beth, it's a special night for the two of." And I turned to walk away, but I still heard Thea calling my name and I could tell she was trying not to cry. I never thought things between me and Thea could ever get so complicated, but spending time with her I realized she was my best friend and she was always there for me, but these feelings changed the moment I saw Jonah come from her room and that I wanted to be more then friends.