10

***six months later***

To be completely honest I had been a little tough with Thomas lately. I had figured out how to be more demanding with him and make him understand there is more to the two of you than just anger and survival. 

Thomas had become use to me giving him direction and becoming more stern with him. I was more affectionate with him and had even become more compassionate towards him. It seemed mutual. There were times where when I needed something I showed off a little convincing him to go along with what I wanted. Really our whole dynamic had become more of a relationship than anything. 

Today Thomas came home in a bad mood. He came in covered in blood and nothing with him. "Didn't catch anything?" I asked. He shook his head, throwing his chainsaw down on the table and stomping upstairs to clean off. Slowly you followed him and watched as he stripped off his apron and shirt. I leaned against the doorway and he turned and looked at me. 

I cocked a small smile and he turned to face me more fully, his chest and muscles moving slightly. "Did you have a hard day?" I asked as he moved closer. He nodded and grabbed my shoulders. He pushed me against the doorway and leaned down kissing me roughly. This was not as usual. 

I kissed back and jumped up on the counter. I pulled at his hair and he gasped a little bit. He slammed the bathroom door and clung to me desperately. There was so much need here. I immersed myself into him, becoming part of him. 

Finally I left the bathroom and collapsed on the bed. He followed shortly after and laid beside me on the bed. "Thomas, I love you." I said out of breath and weary. He snapped his head over and made eye contact with me, as if asking what I said. I smiled and the reality of what I said eased into him. He leaned over and kissed my forehead. "I love you too."