8

I showered, trying to scrub any and all dirt and blood from my skin. I got out and dried my hair, pulling it into a neat braid. Then I slipped into new clothes that still smelt like home and took a deep breath before I walked back out into the hallway. He was standing in the hall waiting for me. 

I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do. He led me into the living room and sat on the old couch. There was a piece of paper with scribbled writing on it. 

1. Keep the house clean
2. Cook every meal
3. Keep Thomas company
4. Never, ever, leave

I finished reading the list in my head. "So you're keeping me here to take care of you?" I asked crossing my arms. He gave a small nod, I assumed he just expected me to comply. I nodded and stomped back up to my room. I did not hear him follow me. 

I sat there for a little bit before I decided to go down and actually do something. The house was somewhat dirty and if I had to live here I might as well try to clean a bit. I started by wiping down counters and sweeping the floors. It had obviously been a while since someone had cleaned this house. I did the dishes and finally finishes cleaning and looked out the locked and bolted back door. 

Like I was going to try to escape. Where did I have to go? I began crying again. I thought if anything I had a friend and now here I was. I turned and saw Thomas staring at me. I tried to walk past him to go to my room but he caught my arm. 

He wrapped his arms around me in and hug and we stood here for a minute. I looked up at him with tears still in my eyes. "Thomas I thought you were my friend, friends don't keep friends captive like this." I said looking away from him. He let me go and I walked back up to my room and wiped my tears away. I could tell he didn't like when I cried.