7

He carried the men in and into the basement. I didn't want to know what he was doing but he was gone for a while. When he finally came back he sat at the kitchen table, maybe five feet from me. I stared at him without saying a word. I didn't want to speak. I didn't want to see him, but he was staring at me. 

"What?" I snapped. He just simply shook his head. "You could have just let me go, it's not like I have anyone to tell anyway.'" I growled out. He shook his head again. I pulled every part of me as close as I could, I made myself as small as possible. "I'm sorry." he said, his voice gravelly and deep. I shook my head and looked away from him. 

My eyes were growing heavy as I sat there. I did not want to fall asleep here but I felt myself slipping away. There was nothing I could do, I could fight him but I would lose. I could try to escape, but he would catch me. I could wait, but I would die. My options were running low. For right now all I could do was sit and wait and sleep. 

I fell asleep slowly and resistant and felt my body go limp against the counters. There was noise around me but I couldn't bother myself with it right now. Whatever was going to happen was going to happen. I had a nightmare, really just reliving what was going on and kicked out, waking up. 

I was in a bed. He had moved me and I was in a bed. I was also unchained. My wrist was no longer bound and I sat up and looked around. The bedroom I was in was surprisingly clean, I assumed it was a guest room. There was a window but it was nailed in place and it was also upstairs so even if I broke the glass, there was no way I was getting out unharmed. 

I stood up and looked at the dried blood on me from the man last night. I couldn't think about what happened to him. I didn't want to think about it. I heard the floorboards creaking outside my room and I pushed myself onto the bed again and crawled into the corner. Thomas opened the door and looked at me, he had a plate of food in his hands. He entered the room and shut the door behind him. 

"Are you going to hurt me?" I asked. He shook his head and narrowed his eyes. Making it clear he wouldn't hurt me. "Thomas I thought we were friends." I croaked out. He lowered his head and walked over slowly, handing me the plate. "What kind of meat is this?" I asked. He didn't respond. "Beef?" I asked, he shook his head. "Pork?" he shook his head again. "Is it.." I asked, suggesting it may not be animal meat. He made eye contact and nodded and I gulped. 

I was not eating it. There was vegetables on the plate and I slowly ate those and stared at the meat on the plate, disgusting.  He watched me while I ate and when I was done I handed the half full plate back to him. He looked down at it and then back to me. "I can't eat that." I said, shaking my head. He nodded, understanding. 

"Can I take a shower?" I asked. He nodded and held up a finger and left the room, closing the door behind him. He reentered with a suit case. It had most of my clothing and items in it. Did he break into my house? I looked at him and pulled it over. Of course it lacked my cell phone. He led me to the bathroom and closed the door behind me, at least I got privacy here.