3

For the rest of the day I couldn't help but think about the man next door. He was miles down the road but also the only one out here for miles. I got out all the ingredients for an apple pie and began baking. When it was finished I wrapped it up and threw it in the oven to stay warm then I went to get ready for bed. I would take it over in the morning. 

I showered and laid in bed, I turned the light and tv off to relax and listened to the crickets outside. It was still and heavy in the house, everything was silent except the sounds of the outdoors. I got up and walked over to my window, looking outside. I kept the porch light on just for comfort but beyond the small strip of my front yard, everything was dark with night. 

I laid back down in bed and closed my eyes. Night engulfed me and today's busy events put me to sleep quickly. I let myself get dragged off into sleep and forfeited the fight to stay awake, slipping away into dreams. 

Thomas's POV

I sat in my quiet dark house thinking about Winnie. She was new and near and everything was happening quickly. She talked to me calmly, that was the first time in a long time no one has screamed when they saw me or freaked out. She was nice, she was sweet, but that isn't what I am for. People aren't sweet and nice to me, I am a monster. 

I laid back and began thinking about if I would ever see Winnie again after today, probably not but it would make my whole world light up again.