Halloween Ball

The Halloween ball was coming up fast. It had been four weeks since Draco and I had our detentions and the ball was in two days.

"Hermione, we need to pick out hairstyles!" the female Weasley told me.

"Of course we do," I agreed with her. "Ginny maybe you should let your hair down then take two small strands of hair and tie them together?"

"Hermione that is a amazing idea! Thank you!" Ginny said to me.

"I might pull my hair into a bun," I told the red head.

"That will look amazing with your outfit," she said as we headed down from my dorm to the common room. 

Then when it was time for breakfast the twins did what they do best embarrass me. They pulled me off the couch and put me over their shoulder. All I said was," Put me done now!" They just laughed as they carried me down the corridors into the great hall.

Parkinson did not dare to do anything while I had my escorts George and Fred. Though today she felt like it was just to long without hurt me. So from the other side of the hall Pansy cursed me in front of every one. They saw me fall and the green light from Pansy's wand. They saw me wither. The day went by fast. Parkinson got a a detention for the rest of the year and couldn't go to the ball.

So the next day Draco came up to me and said," I'm sorry about Pansy she sometimes doesn't know when to quit being mean."

"Are you alright?"

"Yes why?" 

"Well I am a muggle born and you are a pure blood. You hate me so why are you telling me your sorry?" I asked him like it was obvious.

"Oh. Um actually I wanted to ask you something." Draco blushed then and I realized that the Weasleys and Potter were watching not wanting to break this up.

"Of course what do you want?" I asked.

"Will you be my date to the Halloween Ball  tomorrow, Hermione?" He asked looking up through his lashes.

"U-u-u-u-u-um." I was dumb founded. "Wait what?"

"I said: Will you go to the Halloween ball with me tomorrow? Tell me in secret." He told me.

I looked at Ginny and she gave me a two thumbs up so I said," S-s-s-sure. I guess." Later I found Draco and told him," Yes I will go to the ball with you."

The day then past quickly and quietly after that. People fond Draco and I talked in a civil manner in the library. Harry then came to collect her for dinner he saw Me laughing, something a rarely did anymore.

"Hermione dinner time the twins still have to protect you just in case." Then he turned to my Draco and said," I may not like you but you make Hermione happier than when she was with Ron. If you hurt her I will kill you. But I trust Hermione and if she choices to date you I will have her back."

When I got back to the common room George and Fred congratulated me on finding a date to the ball though they did not know it was Draco. Ron was not so pleasant.

"HOW COULD SAY YES!" Ron yelled at me.

Without thinking I replied," WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE! YOU ASKED ME WHEN YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND! AND IMPLIED THAT WE HAVE SEX AFTER! ALSO YOU DON'T WHO I'M GOING WITH!"

Harry looked open mouthed at Ron and asked," Ron is that true?"

"H-H-Harry? You can't believe her she is going to the ball with Malfoy!" Ron told the Chosen One

"Ron I asked you  a question. Is that true?" Harry asked the question calmly.

"Y-y-y-yes." Ron told the wizard.