Proposal

The song attached doesn't mean anything to the story. I've just been recently obsessed with it! I just wanted to put it on here so you can see what I'm listening to right now!

Bad Decisions- Bastille

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything had to be perfect. To Mike at least. He knows that there shouldn't be anything to worry about, it's just his girlfriend. But he can't help playing with the box in his jean pocket. He had it planned absolutely perfectly. He was going to take her on a romantic picnic by the beach, with candles encircling them. He would then suggest they should take a moonlit stroll across the sand,  just to gaze at the stars. Once he has her turn her face up to the sky, he would bend on one knee and propose, and if everything would go right, she would say yes and they could spend the rest of their lives together. It's all that Mike has wanted from the moment he saw her.  It was the perfect night.

The phone rang its irritating sound throughout the cabin. She rushed to it in hope that it was her boyfriend. Even after them being together for 3 years, she can't help the butterflies that explode in her stomach every time she thinks about him. As soon as she picked it up and heard his voice, she couldn't help but blush. She was thrilled to learn he was going to pick her up and take her to the beach. She loves the beach and he knows that it is her favorite place in the whole world. The perfect place to propose. 

She hurriedly got ready by throwing on a floral dress, small beige heels, and a few bracelets on her wrists. She looked in the mirror and applied a little lip gloss, not much because she doesn't like the heaviness on her face.  She looked at her reflection and smiled, satisfied with the results. The only thing left was to wait for Mike so she sat on the sofa and took a magazine from the side table. As soon as she was going to open it, she heard a knock on the door. She ran to get it, knowing that her loving boyfriend was going to be waiting on the other side. She opened it and as she did, Mike admired his girlfriend and took a sharp intake of breath.

"You look beautiful," He whispered while giving her a goofy grin. She smiled back at him. 

"Are you ready to go, m'lady," He asked holding out his arm for her to take.

"Yes I am good sir," She giggled back at him. He opened the car door for her and when she was inside, he shut the door and headed to the driver seat before beginning the short drive ahead of them.

They finally arrived and El could see a few bright lights near the waves. 

"What's that Mike?" She asked turning around to face him.

"Our surprise," he grinned, "Follow me. You will love this."

They walked over to a picnic that was laid out over the pristine white sand. A classic red checkered blanket was on top and a wicker basket off to the side to hold their dinners. They sat down and grabbed the sandwiches and drinks packed inside. El looked around at the beauty of it all with tears in her eyes.

"El, are you okay? Do you not like it?" Mike asked looking around at the candles.  

She turned back over to him, throwing her arms around his neck and holding him tightly whispering in his ear, "This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you Mike."

"Anything for you," Mike whispered back to her. 

They ate their sandwiches and when they were done, Mike suggested they go for a stroll along the shore. El hopped up quickly, ecstatic to feel the sand under her toes and the waves hitting her ankles. Once they started walking a breeze drifted by, making her dress flow in the wind. It looked like a scene from a movie. She faced out to the ocean with the wind flowing through her curls. God, I love this girl more than anything, Mike thought. This is the perfect moment. 

"Oh, El look at the sky. It's so beautiful." Mike said while he played with the box in his hand. She looked up and gazed in wonder at all of the twinkling stars.  It was gorgeous. 

"Mike it's wonderful-" her words were cut off as she looked at her boyfriend on one knee, gazing at her with love in his eyes. In his hand was a black velvet box with a beautiful dainty ring laying in the inside of it. A little cluster of diamonds on a shimmering silver ring. El's hands flew to her mouth in shock, silent tears falling out of her eyes.

"El," Mike began, "I love you more than words can describe. Every single day that we aren't together is torture. You are all I think about. Whether it's the middle of the day to the darkness of the night, you are always on my mind. I want to be there for you when you have a bad day or when you don't feel good. I want to celebrate with you when something goes right and I want to comfort you when something goes wrong. I want to be the shoulder that you cry on and the person you trust the most in the world. El, I want you. I want to be with you through the great times and the hard times. So with that being said, El, my love, will you marry me?" 

As soon as he finished his speech that he practiced over and over, El nodded ferociously and tackled him in a hug. She pulled back slightly and planted her lips against his. She was still crying a little as he slipped the ring on her ring finger. 

"I love you so much," She said with her hands on his neck before she pulled him closer into another kiss.

"I love you more," He said when they pulled away. 

They turned to walk back to their picnic and as soon as they got there, they sat down and El put her head on his shoulder and arms around his waist, feeling comfort in the embrace. This was the best night of their lives. 

A/N

Hi! So what do you guys think?? I tried to make a little bit of a longer one since I haven't written in a while. Tell me what you think in the comments! I hope you enjoyed this one-shot.

Love, 

Caylee