Our Place

Hawkins, Indiana. A small town, but one none the less. The landscape is pretty much the same. The same woods stretched out far into another town. That is until Mike found something wonderful that he couldn't wait to show El. So he got to work right away.

El cuddled further into her blankets, wanting to enjoy the last few blissful moments of sleep until she needed to get up. A little knock against her window awoke her further, so she slowly opens her eyes and squints towards the window. There stands her boyfriend Mike clutching a piece of paper in his hand. He waves shyly and she blushes. She hurriedly jumps out of the bed and opens the window, ushering him in. 

"What are you doing here?" She asks him, tucking her messy curls behind her ears.

 "I wanted to give you this," he says handing her the paper.

"What is it?" she asks, opening it up.

"So I found this waterfall. This is the map that leads to it." He says grinning widely.

"Oh Mike! We have to leave right away!" She jumps up and down and grabs her converse that were conveniently laying on the floor. 

They race out of the door hand in hand with smiles on their faces. They bolt through the trees, climbing over rocks, and following the map that Mike carefully created.

Hidden deep within the brush of trees lays a small lake with a stunning waterfall right behind it.

"Race you in?" Mike asks, grinning

"You're on!" El yells and takes off running.

"I didn't say go!"

They jumped in together and started splashing each other.

By the time the sun started to set, they had already climbed out and were cuddling together, talking softly. 

"I love this place," El whispered, turning her head to look at him.

"Well, this is our place now," Mike says kissing her forehead.

"Perfect," she says and turns her head back to the sun setting slowly.