Babysitting

A sharp ring cuts through the still air before heavy footsteps sound, cutting it off.

"Hello?" El spoke into the phone.

"Hi dear!" Mrs. Wheeler chirped, "I was going to go out with some friends and I was wondering if you would like to babysit Holly?"

"Babysit? What is that?" El asks furrowing her eyebrows.

"You just have to look after her for a couple of hours. Make sure she eats some lunch and gets put down for a nap. Mike will be there too if you need anything!"

El's face flushes slightly at the sound of her boyfriend's name.

"Yes, I would love to! What time should I be there?" She asks

"How about 1:00? I will show you where everything is," Mrs. Wheeler said.

Eleven glanced at the clock quickly. 10:30 am.

"Ok, I will see you soon. Bye!" El grins.

"Bye!"

El put the phone back on the wall and started bouncing up and down. Hopper came out of his room rubbing his face and when he caught sight of his daughter starting to dance, he spoke up.

"Eleven? What are you doing?" Hopper says while making his way over to the kitchen to pour himself a cup of coffee. 

"I get to go babysit Holly today," She turns around grinning at him.

"This wouldn't have anything to do with going over to see Mike would it," Hopper quirks an eyebrow and lifts the corner of his mouth into a smirk before quickly take a large bite out of his muffin.

El's face flushes for the second time that morning. "Um. Uh. No?"

Hopper stands up and wipes his hands on a paper towel laying carelessly on the table. 

"I'm off to the station. Have fun babysitting." He winks and hugs her quickly before taking his hat off the rack and opening the door before exiting quickly. 

She still had to wait three hours before she could go over to the Wheeler's house, so she thought she should just get ready early.

Time skip (Cause I'm lazyyyyyyyy)

El looks at the doorbell situated right beside the door and pressed the button. Within seconds she heard the sound of feet slapping against the floor and the door unlocking. 

Mike pulls open the door and looks at El standing there, looking a bit sheepishly. His face flushes before he invites her in.

"Mom is grabbing Holly her snacks and putting her down for a nap. She won't be very long. Do you want to go downstairs?" Mike turns to El once he finishes talking.

Eleven nods quickly. "Sure."

Mike shyly grabs her hand and takes her down the stairs. They sit down on the couch together and start to talk before Mrs. Wheeler comes down the stairs.

"I just put Holly down for a nap but she won't be asleep very long. I will be back in a couple of hours. See you guys later!" She waves and starts heading up the stairs again.

"Bye!" They both yell simultaneously.

Mrs. Wheeler was right. Holly wasn't asleep very long. About 30 minutes later, Holly comes trotting down the stairs, her little pale pink blanket trailing behind her.

"El!" She yells, hopping down the stairs and running into the open arms of Eleven.

"Hi!" El giggles back still embracing her. 

"Do you want to do something fun?" El asks.

Holly nods her head.

"Do you want to color?" 

Holly starts giggling and shaking her head up and down really quickly.

"Ok let's go!" El exclaims, grabbing Holly's hand and running up the stairs.

Mike smiles then sighs and takes off after them.

Mike helps Holly set up her crayons, coloring book, and her snacks.

"Aw how cute." El giggles at her boyfriend.

"I know. The ladies love a guy who's good with kids." Mike says, pretending to "flex" his muscles. 

"Stop." El grins and pushes Mike's chest lightly.

"What? It's true!" 

El smirks and rolls her eyes before walking back over to where Holly was happily coloring in her book. Mike looks over at her full of love and admiration, wondering if they would ever have any kids of their own.