Bilbo Baggins

Elena's POV

Elena's POV

Garth and I arrived in the Shire early. We found the house with Gandalf's mark. So I took Garth to the meadow behind behind the hobbits house. Where I untacked him and let him wonder freely. He'll come when I call him. I climb into the tree behind the hobbits house. I decide to wait until the others arrive before greeting the hobbit. I look down to see Garth grazing and smile. Before looking out over Bagend, I must say he has a nice view. He must be an important hobbit to live up here.

It wasn't until the hobbits dinner time that the first dwarf arrived. By then I had stripped and turned into a panther with a cloak around my neck. The dwarf had a pair of axes and is half bald. He enters without invitation after the hobbit opened the door. I frown, are all dwarves that rude? Soon another older dwarf appears and does the same thing.

The next two appear to be brothers. They greet the hobbit with a bow introducing themselves and I chuckle. Soon Gandalf arrives with eight other dwarves. They fell through the door when the hobbit opened it and I chuckled. I then jump down from the tree and sneak in through the window. Gandalf notices and chuckles.

I curl up in front of the fire place with the cloak  covering me. I'm not hungry yet, I'll wait until the last guest arrives. I doubt any of the dwarves here is Thorin Oakenshield. As I started to nod off I hear the hobbit Bilbo arguing with Gandalf.

"I don't want to get used to them. The state of my kitchen! There's mud trod into the carpet, they've pipillaged the pantry. I'm not even going to tell you what they've done in the bathroom; they've all but destroyed the plumbing. I don't understand what they're doing in my house!" Bilbo exclaims. Suddenly the youngest dwarf approaches them with a plate.

"Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt, but what should I do with my plate?" he asks.

"Here Ori, give it to me" one of the brother's said and takes it from him. The trows it to his brother who catches it. Then throws it at the dwarf with the axe in his head, who catches it without looking. I roll my eyes as the dwarves start to stomp their feet. I get up and slick to the bathroom. I turn human and get dressed.

I exit as the dwarves begin to sing. "Blunt the knives, bend the forks
Smash the bottles and burn the corks
Chip the glasses and crack the plates
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!
Cut the cloth and tread on the fat
Leave the bones on the bedroom mat
Pour the milk on the pantry floor
Splash the wine on every door
Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl
Pound them up with a thumping pole
When you've finished, if any are whole
Send them down the hall to roll
...
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!" they finish.

"Bravo" I say clapping when I see all the dishes cleaned. They look at me surprised. "I am Elena, it is an honor to meet you all" I say curtsying. "I am sorry for entering without permission Master Baggins. I tried knocking, but no one answered" I lie.

"It's alright, welcome my lady" he says.

"No need for that, is there still food? I am hungry" I state.

"There is" Ori says and leads me to the table. He has me sit down and the oldest dwarf givens me a plate of food.

"Thank you" I say smiling.

"Would you like some tea?" Ori asks me.

"Jasmine tea would be lovely" I tell him. But before anyone can say or do anything there is a knock at the door.  "He is here" I say with Gandalf. I start to eat as Gandalf answers the door with Bilbo.

"Gandalf. I thought you said this place would be easy to find. I lost my way, twice. Wouldn't have found it at all had it not been for that mark on the door" a gruff voice says.

"Mark? There's no mark on that door. It was painted a week ago!" Bilbo exclaims.

"There is a mark; I put it there myself. Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company, Thorin Oakenshield" Gandalf states.

"So, this is the Hobbit. Tell me, Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?" Thorin asks.

"Pardon me?" Bilbo asks.

"Why is there a woman here?" Thorin asks as they enter the dining room.

"The woman has a name, it is Elena. I am here as a favor to Gandalf, nothing more. I want nothing from you or your company Thorin Oakenshield" I state.

A/N

Picture above of Elena's outfit and on the external link of Bilbo's house. Pictures in chapter of the interior of Bilbo's house and Garth.