Nonsense

A/N: This is a rather short one, I hope you'll still enjoy it x my oneshots vary so much in length, there are two I'm working on that'll get very long... but they're also both dramatic™️

————————————————————————

"What do you think, ~? We should make L have some little ponytails too!"

Oh not again, Misa.
As ever so often, more precisely every day, Misa had to do something to distract herself from boredom. I didn't necessarily want her to do anything really bad to do so, like killing people for example, but this...
Why don't you understand that L is an introvert, he doesn't like to be treated like that... he is a desperate little boy in his heart.

I threw a look back at L who was already dealt with by Misa.
He looked desperately at me, but suddenly broke into a smile when he saw me looking at him. Why is he so cute.

"We are done! Aww, I didn't know you would wear them THIS well Ryuzaki!! Light, ~, look!!"

"Yeah, whatever", said Light.

"~, what do you think?"

I giggled upon seeing L with pink ties in his hair.
"As always, really cute."
I noticed L blushing.
"But I still believe L likes it the way it is usually, right?"

He nodded.
"I would also prefer to continue working on the case with ~ now, Miss Amane."

"Alright! I'm going shopping now!! Are you coming, ~? The case can wait for a few hours!"

"I'm afraid I'll have to pass Misa, I'm helping L", I answered.
Misa, we're working on a very important case now... people are literally dying through the hands of a serial killer.

"Aww! What about you Light?"

"NO, I-"
Before Light could do anything about it, Misa had already dragged him with her to the exit.

"What a couple", I said to L.

"Indeed..."

As we went back to the computers and sat down again, being free of Misas creative ideas, L took the ties out of his hair and started putting them in my hair instead while only touching them with his fingertips as always, strongly struggling to do so.
I giggled.

"This is like a puzzle", he said desperately.

"A puzzle it is!"

"Do you really think I'm... cute?"

"Of course! You're the cutest detective in the world too...
I doubt anyone imagines the great L like you, being such a sweetheart who consumes things just as sweet and investigates sitting like a little frog!"

L blushed.
"Anyone else would find those habits noticeably strange."

"I'm not anyone else then", I retorted with a smile.

"You're not. And you're cuter than me."

Now it was my time to blush.
"Wrong!"

"No, correct. There's something you'll have to know about me", L said casually as he still struggled to tie my hair.
"Rule number one, I'm always right. Rule number two, if I'm wrong, refer back to rule number one."

"A paradox."

"Shh. No one is supposed to know."

I giggled. Now L had began to smile.

"You are a really adorable person", he continued.
"I envy whoever you choose to love."

'Choose to love'?

What if it's going to be you, L?

"Ryuzaki- I mean, L... I have never heard you say such things before..."

"That is true. I think I just lately thought a lot about some circumstances and came to conclusions."

"What conclusions?"

"That I have fallen in love with you."