Trust

A/N: I'm sorry for choosing that photo of him I just love it so much xD😭
Also, in case you don't know how to speak French, we'll just assume you suddenly know it in this oneshot xD

And regarding the new official Death Note oneshot (following spoiler): Adult Near with long hair is so adorable🖤

————————————————————————

"So what about a meeting after work hours? Not that we've had any ascertained ones since this case started...", Matsuda scratched the back of his head.

"I don't see why not. Ryuzaki doesn't make us work complete 24 hours every day anyway, so why wouldn't there be time for one?", Aizawa asked.

"I do think it's a good idea!", I lighted up.

The task force was planning on having a calm evening by having dinner together for once, somewhere nice. This case never seemed to find its end- and everyone wanted to start the weekend with something relaxing and rewarding for all the work we had done so far.

"What about you, L- uh, Ryuzaki?"

L looked at me with widened eyes.

"...me?"

I nodded.
"The task force wouldn't be the same without you!"
In fact, I wouldn't be the same without you, but you don't need to know that, L...

"I'll will accompany you then", he replied casually as he turned back to his computer.

—————————

The restaurant was marvelous.
Even though everyone had been protesting, L had insisted on paying for us all that evening- and he had chosen one of the fanciest restaurants too!

Darn it, I wish I would have dressed myself a little nicer, I thought as I scrutinised the black dress I was wearing.

Suddenly, I felt L's eyes staring at me and looked at him as I blushed.

"There is nothing wrong with it at all, you look beautiful."

I blushed even more. I will get even more nervous if he continues to behave this way...

"Ryuzaki, how did you know what I was thinking?"

"It was obvious. This wasn't the first time I analysed you", he admitted indifferently.

Analysed me?
"Why would you analyse me?"

"I do so with most people I meet, but regarding you it is especially interesting because it is in fact more challenging. It is not always simple, that is something about you that I find really intriguing..."

Was this L's way to tell me he found me interesting...?
Just as that thought crossed my mind, he continued.

"Yes, that could be seen as a compliment."

————————————————————-

This is some of the best food I've ever had!
I couldn't wait for the dessert, it must be delightful...

I was lost in thought as Matsuda started including me in a conversation.

"...what about you, ~? You surely must be married?"

I nearly choked on my drink.
"Oh, oh no! If I did, my spouse would probably scold me for how much I work!", I joked. "Then again, I don't see why anyone would want to have a relationship with me... but what about you, Matsuda?"

Matsuda looked a bit embarrassed as he lowered his head. "I don't ever have the guts to ask anyone out..."

"Aww no! Believe in yourself, Matsuda! I know you can do it!!"