Chapter 1: Flying high

There is no better feeling for a hard-working student than receiving an acceptance letter from your dream school, at least that's what Ten thought. He got accepted to the International All-Boys School of Arts and Performance in Seoul, his dream school to be accurate. Dance was his passion since he learned how to stand up and knew he would do something related to it in the future after graduating, but this school was the only place where he would fully live up to his dream. He started studying Korean about 3 years before receiving the letter so he was quite confident at that. The school provided him a four-person room in their college section for foreigner students, some pocket money for every month for 3 years and an introductory book for the school and Seoul itself.

Ten was so excited he couldn't wait for the winter to end. He worked part-time jobs as much as he could for the plane ticket, he tried to improve his dancing skill and practice Korean with his online friend, whom he would meet soon enough, and get some nice clothes. His mom got two nice suitcases for him to pack and he, luckily, could get everything stuffed in. His parents and friends accompanied him to the airport where they said tearful goodbyes to each other. Ten knew this would happen, he would miss his family and friends the most but he hoped to stay in touch with them. So with that, he left Thailand with passion and ambition.

He had never been to Seoul before, so it scared him a little bit but came over his anxieties when he saw his online friend greeting him at the airport. His name was Kim Jungwoo who was only two months younger than him. They met on a Korean learning website where Ten signed up and Jungwoo volunteered to help him through the internet and not only Ten learned things about the language but about South Korea too. Jungwoo greeted his friend with a big cardboard in his hands which said Ten's name in Thai. The boys met for the first time and until Ten had to move into the dormitory part of the school for international students he lived with Jungwoo and his family. They didn't really bother it, they had heard a lot about him from their son. They, mostly Jungwoo, showed him around their hometown, Sanbon-dong, and helped him get to know the Korean culture.

In South Korea, the first semester starts in March and Ten thought he'd be the only one moving in but later it was revealed that Jungwoo was also moving to a dormitory, but to the Korean part of it, because his travel to his home would take too much time and wouldn't have time to study. He already knew some of his future Korean classmates there thanks to Kakaotalk, one of them was also moving up from another part of South Korea. Ten was really nervous because he was about to meet new people whom he was scared to talk to despite his amazing Korean.

They arrived at the building and Jungwoo looked at Ten excitedly. He couldn't contain himself especially when he saw his other friend whom he had met before once.

"Doyoung hyung!" Jungwoo yelled his friend's name in happiness as he ran towards him with open arms. Doyoung opened up his arms to catch the running Jungwoo. They hugged tightly for a few moments until they released each other and Jungwoo, grabbing Doyoung's wrist, dragged him to Ten to introduce him.

"Ten hyung, this is Doyoung hyung. He moved up from Guri, about an hour from here. Doyoung hyung, this is Ten hyung, he moved all the way from Bangkok!" said Jungwoo as he was still full of excitement. "Isn't that amazing?"

"Yeah, it is," said Doyoung as he gave a calming smile to Ten. "So, Ten, weird name-"

"Well, my Thai full name is kind of long so it's just a nickname," said Ten, scratching the back of his neck. "It's Chittapon Leechaiyapronkul anyway."

Doyoung was surprised at the long name but let it go.

"And so when were you born?" asked Doyoung.

"I was born in February 27." replied Ten.

"Then I'm just 26 days older than you." answered back Doyoung jokingly. "You shall call me Doyoung hyung from now."