How would she be able to sneak herself into the march of Thranduil's remaining forces without being detected, especially without being detected by the king himself? She would have to use all of her power to conceal herself from the senses of the other Elves and would have to don herself in a disguise that would cover her almost entirely. She had thought about which guise to use in thoughts during previous nights and had come to the conclusion that disguising herself as a healer, for healers wore heavy cloaks and draped themselves in large, dark hoods, would be the most appropriate. She was indeed a healer after all. Disguising herself as a soldier in armor or something of that ilk would be far too impractical, especially now that she were with child.

As she lay herself down once more, moving herself to huddle beside her kingly lover, she continued to think about her little mission, as well as the consequences she would ultimately face at the hands on the ellyn that loved her.

Her sight was blurred slightly as she slowly opened her eyes once more from a more restful sleep. She could see a tall, partially bare, silver haired figure before her changing into clothing from the night before. Rubbing her eyes wearily, she pulled herself up onto her arms to watch him.

"Thranduil...what are you doing? It is still so early and the sun has barely started to break over mountains..."

Not even turning to acknowledge her he replied, "I am your king and I will have you refer to me as such." There was a slight malice in his tone and it made her feel like the blood in her veins had frozen over. Shaking her head slightly, she thought that perhaps she had been dreaming again, yet alas he was still there before her, his demeanour seemingly angered by something.

"Díheno nin, aran vuin. I meant no offence...What is the matter? What irks you so?"

He turned to look at her then, his eyes the stormy shade of grey that they became when he was in a cold and forbidding mood. His stare bore deeply into her, making her shrink back into the furs and blankets that she had wrapped around herself.

"Your insolence irks me Adlanniel!" He bit at her then as he pulled up the leather of his boots. Adlanniel looked to him in shock and surprise.

"What do you mean, my 'insolence'?" She questioned him, hurt that he would insult her in such a manner. "I promised you I would do as I was told, that I would stay here and await your return...."

"Do not try to feign innocence with me child, I know very well what you are planning in that little head of yours."

Her heart sunk deep into her chest then at his words. Had he managed to see through her? It would not have been the first time...

"I was not planning anything!"

"Stop with your lies Adlanniel!" Thranduil snapped furiously at her attempt to protest. "I know everything of which you plan, that you plan to disguise yourself as one of our most revered healers in order to sneak yourself into our ranks. You plan to not only disobey me, but to betray my trust as well! And your betrayal was so vivid in your mind you may as well have told me directly!"

For a long moment Adlanniel sat there speechless, unsure of how she should then tread. She had already broken the ice that now lay before her and the king and it would only be a matter of words before she fell through it.

"If you saw what I was planning, then undoubtedly you saw my vision which lead to my decision. You know I would never betray you otherwise..." Her voice became choked and helpless.

"Indeed I had..." Thranduil began, his tone still remaining unsympathetic to her plight. "But I would rather risk the lives of one us than risk the lives of yourself and the miracle of the gwanûn within your womb. For you to be so foolish as to even think about risking their lives...I can not comprehend it!" His voice then was not only riddled with anger, but also with a deeper pain. It made her feel nauseous with guilt. She knew he was right....she was foolish and perhaps even selfish for even considering risking her life, and thus those of her children; innocent children that yet had no voice in the matter. She began weeping from the guilt, and her tears burned at her cheeks.