chapter sixteen

Pietro's POV

"Hi, I'm Wanda Maximoff and I'm here to kick your asses." I snorted into my hand at the cheekiness of my twin, quickly sobering up when her clone stepped to the side to show the army that the Light had. Man, they really were identical. Wanda just scoffed at the display. "That's the best you can do? Puh-lease."

The Scarlet Witch shook her head, tsking as she did. "Wanda, dearie, you should know better. I can do everything you can. After all, I am you."

"No, you're the cheap knock off because the real deal can't be contained. You're nothing compared to me." I so badly wanted to snap my fingers but I knew it would be wildly inappropriate.

"Oh yeah? Could a cheap knock off do this?" The Scarlet Witch's hand shot out, aiming a hex blast at Artemis and Wally.

Before she could fire it, Wanda put a forcefield around the Witch and muttered a quick spell under he breath, so quiet I almost thought I imagined it. "The Scarlet Witch's powers only affect those touched by the Light." She released her clone from the forcefield, nodding once her clone was back on the ground. "Go ahead, throw that hex blast. I dare you."

"Why you -" The clone growled, aiming her scarlet hands at Wanda instead. She fired the hex blast hitting Wanda square on the chest and knocking her back into me and Dick. I helped Wanda back to her feet as the Witch cackled. "Aren't so tough now, are you, sister?"

"Oh, you have no idea who you are messing with." Wanda snarled, flying at her clone and wrapping her hands around the clone's throat. I winced when they landed in the army of assassins, watching as they threw hex bolts at each other until Wanda made whips and wrapped one around the clone's throat, pulling her towards her fist and punching her in the face, sending her backwards.

I taught her that move.

Shut up and fight, Dick.

Oh, right, why are we letting Wanda here have all the fun?

Dick's voice in my head made me snap out of my stupor and I zoomed off into the fight, running straight for a group of assassins that were aiming their sniper rifles at an unsuspecting Black Canary. I growled, kicking the guns away from them before punching each of the snipers in the throat, making them choke. When they were all gasping for air, I sped off to grab some rope I saw holding up some banners and snagged it, running back to tie up the snipers tightly.

From my perch up high, I could see Wanda approaching Ra's Al Ghul. I also noticed Jason and Conner watching her, Conner shaking his head slightly before going back to fighting the Gorilla dude. I rolled my eyes, leaping back into the courtyard to find more assassins to fight. I sped around the outside, making sure the fight was contained and monitoring it to make sure that no assassin tries to bail.

Speaking of bailing, I saw a familiar woman in a green dress leap up on the outer wall, Tigress following after her. I smiled, knowing Artemis would be able to talk with her sister even if they were fighting while doing so. Sisterly bonding is so important, y'know, unless the 'sister' is a clone you had no idea was being created.

While I was busy thinking, I got punched in the head by a giant man with a scar over his face. I grit my teeth, looking up to see Vandal Savage glare down at me. "Not so quick now, eh, Quicksilver?"

I rolled my eyes, speeding around him to hit his pressure points and render him paralyzed. Once he was on the ground I stood over him with a smirk. "Not so Savage now, eh, Vandal?"

"Ouch, I felt my brain bleed with that one, Pietro." I looked over to see Jason kick an assassin in the stomach before hitting a second one in the face with his bo staff.