Chapter 4: What the hell are you doing here? Pt. 2

Annabeth's Pov of the incident. Don't have to read to continue to chapter 5.

I weaved in and out of the trees, and took the usual left at the big oak tree. I limped closer and closer, my leg wincing in pain. The trees started to thin out, meaning that I was getting closer. Eventually, there was a big clearing, and I was there. But through the other trees, there was an outline of a person. I slowly peaked around a tree, and a twig snapped beneath my feet.

"Hello?" They said nervously.

"Hello?" I answered unsure. The voice was deep, and little bit familar. I peered around the corner, to see the loser Percy Jackson.

"Percy?"

"Annabeth?" We said at the same time. He glass sticking out of his bottom of his cheek, and a couple of bruises on his arms.

"What are you doing here?" We said at the same time.

"It's none of your business. What about you?" I crossing my arms.

"I'm not telling you. How do you know about this place?"

"I could ask you the same question." I snapped back. He rolled his eyes. It suddenly started to pour down rain. I groaned.

"Well, looks we're stuck here together." Percy said leaning on tree. I came under the trees to where it was dry.

"What happened to you?" I said. I got closer and touched the sharp edge of his jawline, where the broken glass was. I felt his cheeks turn warm and he swatted my hand away.

"I'm fine. What about you?" He said, scrunching his eyebrows and looking at my leg. I stared out on the lake, debating whether or not I should tell him. I opened my mouth to say something but thunder boomed in the sky making me trip. I closed my eyes and braced for impact, but I never fell. I felt strong, sturdy, arms wrap around my waist, catching me. I opened my eyes, confused, and was met with beautiful sea-green eyes. Time seemed to freeze, and the whole world went out of focus, except his face. This is the first time I had gotten a good look at his face. I watched his eyes widen, and he quickly put me down. I cleared my throat awkwardly, and brushed myself off. The tension grew between us as we both processed what just happened.  

"Sorry." I barely heard him. He scratched the back of his neck, clearly embarrassed. I sat by a tree on the opposite side of him. I almost started to feel bad for him, but then I remembered who he was.

"Don't touch me ever again. I'd rather fall in the water." I said not making eye contact. He scoffed.

"Why do you always have to be a toxic bitch?" Percy said angerly.

"I felt a sob building in the back of my throat.

"I don't mean to!" My voice cracked and I looked away. I looked down at the ground.

"Don't. It's not about you." I said knowing he was looking at me.

"Well, there is a first time for everything." He said. I tried not to, but I smiled. I don't even know why I would cry about him, but I still gave a small grin. He suddenly reached over and wiped the tear of my cheek. I blushed cherry-red. Realizing what he had just done, he backed away, with a stupid look on his face. 

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Um...well I was expecting a slap." Percy replied honestly.  I rolled my eyes.

"You're such a Seaweed Brain." I said trying to act mad.

"Seaweed Brain?"

"Yeah, 'cause your head is full of seaweed." I replied simply.

"Well guess what! You are a uh... Wise Girl." He said stupidly.

"Wise Girl? You know that's a compliment, right?" I said with a smirk on her face.

"And that is why it is your nickname. You are a wise-ass." I laughed, and I gave a small smile. Suddenly, as if on que, the rain abruptly stopped. He got up and walked over to me, offering his hand. I took it, and he helped me up.

"So much for the 'no touching' rule." He said smirking. I stuck my tongue out.

"By the way, this doesn't mean anything. I still hate you." I said crossing my arms.

"That's a copy." He winked at me and ran off. I shook my head smiling, and started to walk home.