Lethobenthos

Ch.40 - Lethobenthos

Everyone was watching with anticipation as the girl came forward, successfully doing a spin over the other female. Then suddenly she was falling towards the floor, clear of her teammates and using her arms as balance as her legs began to propel herself around a few times. Twisting, turning, flipping, and bouncing to the beat without fail.

A dip in the tune was what brought the four males back out onto the stage, giving the pink Tanuki a moment to rest before she and the purple Kamui would need to be back onto the stage to do join in with the double sets of two and thus creating three sets of pairs. Until then, you stood to the side, watching with awe at how your friends weaved in and out of their movements and each other.

"You look amazed." Mina laughed, waiting on the side next to you.

She looked out of breath, but even so, was filled to the brim with energy, her smiles showing off how glad she truly was to be able to get her movements down perfectly on the first full practice run as a group. Until now the routine had all been broken into pieces and practiced to death.

But now with the competition in less than two weeks... it meant major crunch time for Vindicous. So of course, practice sessions had been doubled, now running for around two to three hours three times a week. And with ballet still in full gear, you and Bakugou had exhausted your bodies, but even so, neither one of you ever complained.

And with your lack of complaining, the others had followed suit. So despite how no one moved or did anything on Sundays any longer... Monday through Saturday was draining and tiring. But it was also rewarding and full of plenty of fun times with trusted friends.

You turned in line with Mina, her gently using your momentum and you using hers to push off. Her into the arms of Kirishima and you into Bakugou, the males putting their bodies down into a rock like stance, making it easy for you and Mina to use the speed from the pushing to place a foot on the boy's legs and then propel yourselves over the males.

Mina and you doing a triple somersault in the air, then open your arms and legs quickly, looking like a starfish. The next moment you both were caught: Sero holding Mina and Kaminari holding you. The music ending with one final beating of drums, Kirishima and Kaminari's neon dancing equipment making the colored light on all your costumes dim out one by one with the beats. The girls in the arms of their catchers, while the boys who had helped launch them struck a pose that looked like it belonged on a boy band cover. Arms crossed and looking ready for a fight.

The song ended, leaving everyone in the dark for a moment. Then slowly, the lights of your studio came on. A dark-haired female clapping her hands as she came forward, a tray filled with water and healthy sliced fruits in balanced in one of her hands.

"Marvelous! Simply spectacular!" Yaoyorozo beamed.

"It didn't suck." Jirou commented. "And... it's good to see my music is being put to good use."

"Awe you're just the best music partner, Kyouka!" Mina cried, happy that while Jirou wasn't heavily involved, she still came to see the final practices and make any last minute changes to the music she made.

This time though, Jirou was collabing with more than just Bakugou and Sero... as Yaoyorozu had said she could learn electric piano during Christmas break. And Yaoyorozu always delivered... thus adding another instrument to the ensemble of sound.

"You've been a really big help, both of you." Kirishima spoke kindly, bowing to his musically talented peers. "So, thank you both so much!"

Jirou laughed as Momo tried to wave the redhead off. He was being that overkind and empowering boy with a golden heart again... something that nearly brought anyone who was moved by words to tears... including Yaoyorozu.