"What strength?" when Neil paused, chris was on beat to pull him out from slipping out.

"He dislocated his arm in an accident during his physical training session" chris couldn't help but grasp the way Neil's eyes lit up unhealthily as he narrated the aftermath "he refused to cry chris- a boy so young was not submitting to his pain. How beautiful is that?"

Beautiful? What? Sick. That was it was. sick.

Chris wished he could have screamed that to his face, but beggars and suspects can't be choosers so he sat. Listening to more of a learned man's lunacy.

Absorbing each known record of how a young innocent boy was turned into a dispassionate soul.

"And then there was no turning back. He grew up, under my care-

Care?

"-his intelligent multiplied by day, the dopamine in his system increased manifold. He was an initial ADHD diagnosed. I made used of his hyper active mind. Provided him ways to polish his skills and you know what happened next?"

Gritting his teeth, chris tried to smack the cruel enthusiastic aura around Neil. But settled for a respectable-

"What?"

Leaning his back in the comfortable Natuzzi couch he eases his posture.

"He was able to learn a language in a month. Fifteen days he was fluent, thirty? He could imitate like he was a native" crossing his dark trouser clad legs he smiled, but slowly it faded. "And now he is gone"

Raspy and fatigues he used his right hand to massage the tired muscles of his neck.

"And I could only hope what I expecting is possible won't happen. I hope he dies before he finds out what he is capable of" he begins to ramble unconsciously as chris sat cemented in his place. Shocked and petrified.

"What do mean by die?" since the older man was almost loosing it, chris took his chances to get up. He slowly made his way to other side and occupied the vacant space next to Neil. The tired orbs flicked with intoxication as Neil looked up at him.

"You have always been a good student Christopher. A dedicated intern. Smart boy. I trusted you with my treasured aspect-" he stops short, causing christopher's heart to stir in dread. Does he know? He wondered. But what he said next cured it all "and –I think I can trust you with this too"

Chris releases a breath of relief, but nerves still frozen as if he was preparing it to be tested with something dire.

"You can trust me on this Dr. Smith" effortlessly lying through his teeth.

Gruffly Neil chuckles shaking his head darkly, patting Christopher's shoulder he once again looks out of the window.

"I am afraid Christopher. Afraid that what would happen if all the frozen emotions in him melts" frowning Chris looks down at his lap.

"Is that possible?"

A strike of roaring thunder.

"Yes"

Christopher's lips almost twitches into a smile, but he realizes the negative tone Neil had used.

"Why is it bad?"

"It's not bad son" looking at him, Neil fixes his gaze on his. A warning in them. "It's disastrous"

Christopher's heart falls to the pit of his stomach as he licks his lip. But stays mute, feeling the one sided conversation moving ahead.

"It's been years, more than seventeen. Not a day passed with him missing out on his ordinance, prescription and drugs. They controlled his body, flowed through his veins and kept him sane. Became a part of him. I tried to make it permanent, but nature over ruled my attempts" he hisses by the end as if he was angry at his failure.

"What happens when it wears off?" without missing a beat Chris bolts him.

"Feeling back is not the problem" warily shrugging Neil blinks "it's the intensity of them"

For a second it confuses chris, but then he finds his eyes widening at the subtle realization.

"You mean- he will-"

"Have it times worse than what an average human goes through. Decade of locked up sentiments, anger, frustration, desire and vehemence. It will cloud him. Like an infant he will learn them, but instead of crying like a baby when he won't understand them, it will morph him into something else"

Each word stings in. logical and dangerous. But it was not the time for Chris to give into those exclamations. It was time to act and extract.

"Something else?"

"I am sorry" he whispers "I am not sure about what it would be. But I could tell you this much. Intelligence is dangerous Doctor Reed-" taking a professional tone as he got up, Chris with him, his eyes dead on Neil "But a broken man with intelligence is lethal"

Slipping through the button of his grey tux he moves, staggering a bit. Chris supports his visage, but in return he was hopeful with this one analogy.

"What about fear?"

Fear. The one thing that could stop a person from giving into complete insanity.

Dr. Neil Smith goes through a stage of real tough thinking. His brow creases and lips tugs lower.

"Fear will be overpowered by stronger emotion" breaking all the optimism in air Chris finds his fingers curl into fist.

"And what would that be?" almost snapping he waits. But the answer he receives was just the beginning of many worlds shattering.

Two words.

It echoed in the empty room even after Neil left.

Still clear of what Chris heard.

"Anger and lust"

That's what the damn old man had told him right before he bid his farewell.

Calm down.

What have i done?

What should i do now?

Chris muttered to himself. Pacing in his living room. The storm on its peak and night young and alive. The only thing turning old hear was Chris.

He felt even older when he spotted his younger brother jogging his path to let himself out.

"Where are you going?" he questions like the responsible person he was.

Ha! Who was he kidding, there was no way helping a genetically engineered man escape, and later being told that there was a fat possibility that the above mentioned man could attain psychopathic tendencies which he, so cleverly had left alone with a young girl who he was sure had the IQ of a rabbit was what the modern thesaurus calls responsible.

But here he was. Playing the role of an elder brother to his, extremely troublesome brother.

"Out on a date" he shrugs smirking as he twirled the car keys by his index.

"What kind of date starts past mid night" folding his arms Chris tries to throw out a chance at intimidation. But-

"You wouldn't know brother" obnoxious his only family left takes a dig at the lack of Christopher's love life.

Chris sighs watching him fumble with the knob. So Chris tries one last card. Only to irk the irritation out of his sibling.

"You know. I want your records to be clean. There's a reputed family name attached to you." This worked as he slowly turns. His eyes rock hard in a youthful anger. But composing it the young lads smile curves into a smirk.

"Say's the man who I am pretty convinced is into some shady stuffs. Or else I don't see a reason why you use your middle name as a surname. I am not ashamed to be who I am. I am Chadler Harris and I call myself just that"