While Payal pulled herself more and more into her rage, her dad tried to stop her from saying something, shw won't be able to take back.

>>Payal,<< he started but was stopped by her.

>>No, I want to say what I have to say and I want you to listen.<<

Her words silenced her father and he listened to her cruel words.

>>You Baba, you took her home not thinking about your daughter and now everyone is looking at me like some criminal. You obviously do not care but I won't probably never find one husband after the scandal our family was involved. Who would want me now? And you both have nothing better to do than to talk about Khushi. What is if one interested party comes tomorrow and proposes for her? How can you afford dowry for her? And if you can't pay Baba, what will our neighborhood say about us then? We will be destroyed. Our family, our pride, our dignity. All gone in the eyes of the society. And don't tell me you never thought about this. I am sure you already regret that you brought her here.<<

There was silence inside and outside the room. It seems everyone waited for Babuji's answer, even silent crying Khushi.

Payal didn't wait longer and let more of her frustration out.

>>You forgot that I am your flesh and blood. And please don't tell me I am cold. I am just realistic.<<

>>Payal, listen,<< her father tried again to explain but Payal was still not done.

>>No, Baba, think about my words and be for once honest to me, mother and yourself. Did you ever regret that you brought Khushi into our house?<<

Sje was back, the killing, horrible short silence before the important answer was out. Khushi held her breath while she stood outside, her cheeks damp from her tears. She was paralyzed. She couldn't move away nor could she wait much longer for her Babuji's honest truth. She was afraid from his answer but at the same time needed to hear it all. And then he answered and broke her heart.

>>YES!<<

>>I regret that I brought Khushi into our house on the day your wedding was cancelled.<<

Khushi pressed her palm to her mouth because she needed to suppress her painful sobs.

>>I hate myself for thinking like this but,<< he didn't get to end his sentence because Payal interfered immediately.

>>Kyu? Why should you hate yourself, Baba? You gave her so many years full of love and safety. Created a comfortable life for a child from the streets. Your own daughter, your own blood shared everything with her. You threated her like your own.<<

Payal turned to her mother and spoke to her too.

>>How often was you angry on me but was so nice to her? How often, amma?<<

Garima tried to defend herself.

>>Payal, you was not right when I was angry on you. It has nothing to do with Khushi.<<

>>Really? How often did you spoke about her so lovely and about me so low?<<

>>Payal, she is alone. Kid from streets.<<

So what? I am your daughter, and not her. Me. When was the last time we were alone? Only we three. She is always around. When did I have my Parents for myself? I can't bear her anymore around us.<<

As soon as Payal stopped it was her mother Garima who spoke to her husband.

>>I told you so often to send her away, but you never listened to me or Payal. Look, what have you done to us?

That's it. Khushi couldn't stay anymore in this house. She turned around and walked away. She left the house and thought about her options where to go to be alone and think about her family's words. Think about the people she loved so much.

There was only one place where she could find peace. Knowing that she was such burden for her parents, felt horrible for her. She felt empty. Lonely.

Her feet brought her to the one and only person who would listen to all her fears and hopes. The only person who could give her what she needed when everything around was broken.

She would have no idea that burning dark eyes were following her every step.

***

Arnav watched how she left her house and ordered the taxi driver to follow her. He followed her some time till he realized that she was going back to Mandir. She didn't look around and that's why didn't remark his presence. He organized already one place where he could stay for a while, without the knowledge of his family. He decided, he will not tell his Di or Jiju that he was back in Lucknow. First he needed to take care of this little whore and then he will go to his Di and Shiyam to teach him a lesson.

He would have two weeks to reassemble his plan and he even has enough money, so there was no need to ask Di and Shiyam for some. Just two weeks and his Di's world is going to be perfect again. No, his Di is not going to end like his Maa.

Arnav saw how she walked upstairs to the Mandir and ordered the taxi driver to wait for him. He left the car and walked behind her. He was not thinking a lot just did what was next in his head. He hoped to be successful and she would find him attractive enough to fell for his lies.

He run with his fingers through his long hair. It was so long that the tips reached his ears. Mia liked this length. She always said his hair make him look sweet and innocent. He hoped she was right because he was ready to play his whole charm out.

Arnav entered the Mandir and saw the girl in front of the idol, praying with closed eyes. He walked closer to her and stood right beside her. He saw big tears running down her cheeks while her lips spoke a silent prayer. She had still this red powder all over her face and he wondered why.

At the same time Arnav was asking himself if Shiyam broke up with the girl and she was crying that's why. Or just told her per phone that he will never leave his wife. He hoped that his Jiju decided to end everything with this girl but it won't change anything. For the girl and for Shiyam. Both will get the message to not mess with Arnav's sister and her life.

He will make sure that this girl is away from his Jiju's life, no matter what. After all she hugged him and kissed him in front of everyone. He doesn't need any other evidence for their betrayal. Which normal decent girl would do this with one married men? This girl had no shame.

He waited that she opened her eyes and put his most sweet smile on his face. Finally she opened them and look to side to him. Her eyes were full of sadness. He opened his mouth and spoke.

>>Hi.<<

Copyright©NilaKeis