Chapter 18: The Lodge Lodge part 2

Start from the beginning

''Hey'' I say but she doesn't react. ''Hey'' I say again and lifted up her chin with my finger. ''You have to listen to me, okay?'' I say and she slowly nods. ''You are the most beautiful girl ever, but you are also so confident. You have to know that it's okay to feel beautiful. Don't be scared of what people say. I love you for who you are okay?'' I say. ''Okay'' She mumbles and hugs me tightly. We hug for a bit until we both pull away. She kisses me long. ''Let's go to the mall'' I suggest and grab her hand.

We drive to the mall and I texted Ronnie asking her where they were. She texted us their location and we went to look for them. Eventually, we spotted them. Cheryl and the girls wanted to go to some girly store, so I wanted to walk towards the guys but I felt someone pull me back. ''When I said the girls and I wanted to go to that shop, I meant for you to come too'' Cheryl says. ''Do I have to?'' I whine. ''Yes! I want your opinion on the clothes and I'm gonna buy some new red clothes for you'' She says and I give up. ''Fine'' I say and she clings onto my arm. We walk towards the girls and walked to the store. Cheryl and the girls immediately went crazy on everything. ''Baby, come here'' Cheryl says and I walk over to her. ''What do you think of this outfit?'' She asks while she was wearing a fiery red dress. ''Looks amazing babe'' I say and she smiles pecking my lips. After a while, Cheryl was done with shopping. For her part. That's right.

''I'm all set'' She says. ''Alright let's g-'' I say walking towards the door but she pulls me back. ''But you're not'' She says and I sigh. ''Let's get this over with'' I say and we walk through the store again. Cheryl chose a lot of red clothes. Like a lot. We were at the checkout and I paid for everything. Cheryl wanted to say something but I interrupted her. ''I am spoiling you, so don't pout'' I say and she smiles. I carry the bags and we walk to the place we are going to meet up with the rest. Everyone was already there. ''Look at that. The iconic red couple'' Fangs says and they all laugh. ''Ha ha funny. Let's get some food and after that hang out at the pool'' I say and they all agree. We all walk towards this place called Veggie Grill because the girls wanted to. After we ordered, the guy told us to wait for a couple of minutes. We were all standing there, waiting. I had my arm around Cheryl and we stood there for a couple of minutes until the guy shouted our order. We grabbed the bags of food and went back to The Lodge.

We all sit down on the couches and enjoy dinner. ''Who knew vegan food could be so good?'' I say and all the guys agree while the girls laughed. Everyone talked with each other. ''I can't believe this is our last night'' Josie says. ''Wait, today's the last night?'' I ask and she nods. ''I do not want to go to school'' Cheryl says. ''Aw babe, if you're not going to school, you can't see me anymore'' I tell her. ''I changed my mind. I'm going to school'' She says and everyone laughs. ''That's Choni content right there!'' Kevin says clapping his hands excitedly while everyone laughed. Everyone finished their food so Ronnie spoke. ''I think it's time to spend time with your loved one'' She says and everyone agrees.

Everyone went to separate places around The Lodge. I take Cheryl's hand and we walk outside. We sit down on the couch that was perfectly in front of the view. ''Hold on, I'll be right back'' I tell Cheryl and go inside. I quickly make two cups of hot cocoa and grab my new red hoodie that Cheryl bought for me. I grab everything and walk outside. ''What took you so long?'' She asks. ''Sorry, sorry, I was making some hot cocoa and I have something to keep you warm'' I apologize. ''Aww babe, you are the sweetest'' She says and kisses me. I hand her one cup and she puts my hoodie on. She cuddles into me and we enjoy the view.

We were just enjoying each other's company until Cheryl got a text from I don't know who. I was waiting for her reaction and it wasn't good. She was looking sick? I guess nervous? ''Babe, are you okay?'' I ask her but she doesn't react. ''Babe?'' I ask again getting her attention. ''Who is it?'' I ask her and she gulps.

''It was my mother. She wants to meet us at the Thistlehouse'' She says.

I froze. She handed me her phone and I read the text:

Evil hag: Cheryl, please come home.

Evil hag: I have changed

Evil hag: I will prove it to you. Come to the Thistlehouse tomorrow and bring Toni if you want to.

-

''What do we do?'' She asks me. ''We can't go. Who knows if she is even telling the truth'' I say. ''But what if she actually changed?'' She says. ''I can't let you take that risk'' I say. ''Why not?'' She asks. ''Cheryl, you know what that woman is capable of. It could be a trap'' I reason her. ''It could also be the truth!'' She suddenly shouts. ''Cheryl, please calm down'' I say. ''No! I will go tomorrow with or without you or your permission!'' She shouts. ''What if she hits you again? Or calls you loveless? How are you gonna handle that?!'' I ask my voice raising. ''I don't know and I don't care! I have to find out if she's telling the truth!'' She shouts. ''You aren't going!'' I shout. ''I am going to the Thistlehouse tomorrow! If you can't support me, then don't!'' She yells and storms away. I sigh and plop down onto the couch. ''Yo Topaz, what's going on between you and Cheryl? She stormed into the girls' room and is crying'' Archie asks while all the guys were walking towards me. ''Penelope is texting Cheryl saying that she changed'' I say. ''Is she?'' Fangs asks. ''Exactly. I told her the same thing but she told me she was going anyway without me. I told her I could not risk her to go to that house ever again. Now, I fucked up. Real bad'' I say. ''No, you didn't. She's just upset that you didn't support her'' Kevin says. ''But I support her every damn time'' I reason.

''That might be, but she needs you here. Right now'' Sweet Pea says and they all agree. ''You're right. Thanks guys'' I say and they pat my back. ''Go get your girl!'' Reggie says and they laugh. I walk inside and go upstairs. I head to the girls' room and knock. The door opens and I see Maya standing there. ''Hey Tones'' She says. ''Hey Maya. I need to talk to Cheryl'' I say and she nods. ''Of course, we heard what happened'' She says and lets me in. I look around and see the girls around Cheryl. They all look up and shoot angry looks at me. ''Toni, you son of a bitch!'' Ronnie says and walks over to me. ''I swear to god, hurt Cheryl one more time and I will end you'' She says angrily. I gulp. ''V! Calm down'' Betty says and pulls her back. ''Try me Topaz!'' She shouts while being held back by Betty. ''Ronnie, please calm down. Let Toni talk'' Cheryl says. ''Thank you. I need to talk to Cheryl. In private'' I say and they all nod heading towards the door. ''You better not hurt her!'' Veronica yells.

I walk over to Cheryl who was sitting on her bed. I kneel down in front of her and grab her hands. ''Cheryl, I'm sorry I didn't support you. I do. I really do, but I just can't see you get hurt again by her. So if you want to go, at least let me come with you. I want you to be safe when I am your boyfriend. It's my duty to keep you safe and loved'' I say. ''And you do keep me safe and loved. I just need to know if she really changed. I know you don't want to risk it but it's all I ask'' She says. ''Okay then'' I whisper. She grabs my chin and presses a kiss to my lips. ''I love you'' She says softly. ''I love you too. So much'' I say and she giggles.

''Okay, this is taking too long! Toni better not be hurting Cheryl again!'' Veronica yells and storms in. ''V! Calm down! TT apologized'' Cheryl says. ''TT huh?'' I ask her and she blushes. ''Don't be shy babe. I love it'' I say and wrap my arm around her and kiss her forehead. I look over at Veronica and she looked so proud. ''How can I be mad? Toni you're forgiven. Sorry for being so protective of Cheryl'' She says. ''Hey, it's not big deal. You did what a best friend would do'' I say and she smiles. I looked down at Cheryl and she was tired. ''Babe, you wanna go to bed?'' I ask her and she nods. I help her lay down and was about to go until Cheryl called me back. ''Where are you going?'' She asks me. ''I'm going to our room'' I say. ''Please stay. I'm sure the girls wouldn't mind'' She says. ''No, we wouldn't'' Josie says and suddenly they all come in. ''Oh, okay then'' I say and sit up a bit next to Cheryl. She cuddles into me and I hold her. ''We're all going to bed'' Maya says and we nod. ''Good night Choni'' Ronnie says and I grin while Cheryl was burying her head into my chest.

I kiss her head and we drift to sleep. I'm just hoping Penelope isn't lying or else I will drown her in maple syrup.

-

Hey guys!

Thanks for reading, please share and comment if you want more!

Today a longer chapter! Feel free to comment on anything!

Bye!