Everyday

I woke up, next to the same face I fell asleep to. He was asleep as well, still holding my hand. I checked the time and saw that it was six A.M. he spent the night next to me.

"Jo." No reaction.

"Jonah wake up." I said, shaking his hand. he shot up and started freaking out.

"Lay, what's wrong?! Do you need water? Do you want me to fluff your pillows? Do I need to get the nur-" I cut him off.

"Jo! calm down" I softly shouted. "I'm fine. But you need to get home"

He rapidly shook his head, grabbing my hands, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm never leaving you alone ever again. I've done it way too many times. There is no way In hell that I'm going home until you get to leave. You are moving in with us once you get out. NO EXCEPTIONS! I've already talked to your parents. We've packed your stuff and brought it to the house. your brother helped set up the room, and you get full access to the house. We made you a copy of the key. When I told you I was going to make it up to you, I meant it" He ranted as he told me everything. it took me a second to process it all.
I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything.

I just giggled and said, "You're cute when you freak out"

He just ran his hands through his hair and laughed at himself.

A couple hours later, my nurse came in and said that I was able to go home at 12 P.M. we still had three hours until I was able to leave. I decided to mess with him and started singing

Yeah, never thought, never thought I'd be holding your hand
Picking up, picking up, picking up my confidence
When you're making those moves, ayy
I don't know what to do, yeah If it's all a dream, don't wake up
'Cause I got your body right here next to me
Just wait up
Gotta check myself 'cause I just can't believe
Ayy-oh
That you were my heart, you were in my head
Now you're waking up here in my bed

I laughed as he recorded me singing his verse. I had it memorized, mostly because I was already a limelight.

"Also, you looked so hot in that video." I laughed as he blushed. "Oh, wait, no! I meant that you were wearing so many layers. I mean it's not that you aren't cute, It's just... you were in the desert and you-" I stopped, cutting myself off. "You know what, Nevermind" I laughed.

After the nurses got all the machines off, I had to change.

"Jonah, can you hand me my bag"

I wasn't thinking when I pulled my gown off. I didn't have a bra on, and all of my bruises had healed because I got a break from the beating. I do have a nice body, though.

"Holy shit." Jonah exclaimed, dropping the bag, ogling at my body.

I picked up my bag and grabbed my bra out of it. As soon as I covered my chest, he snapped out of his trance. I laughed and asked if he could help me with it. As soon as he touched me, my body tensed up, making me feel a bunch of sparks throughout my body. He moved my hair to the side and clipped my bra together. I expected him to pull away automatically, but he didn't. Instead, I felt his breath on the back of my neck. My breathing slowed down as he placed his hands on my sides. I closed my eyes, feeling his lips on my neck. he pulled away after a few seconds. I didn't have a shirt, so I was kinda embarrassed when he pulled out a Why Don't We sweatshirt. You could definitely tell that it was old from stains and the logo fade. He smiled to himself. once I turned around, he pulled it over my head and helped me get my arms through. I got my jeans on by myself.

After the papers were all filled out, he grabbed all of my stuff and brought it to his car, while I got into the passenger side.

We had two hours to kill until we got home. so I grabbed my phone, and pulled up the album. I pressed play and it started from I don't belong in this club. I laughed as he cringed at his own voice.

"I love your voice, Jo. I listen to it to help me go to sleep" I stated, hoping he would take the compliment. He just smiled at me, but I could tell that something was wrong.

I didn't want to pry, so I left it alone. After a couple of songs, 8 letters came on. He automatically got upset.

"Can we skip this one?" He asked, with a rasp in his voice that I couldn't help but shiver at.

"I love this song though, It's my favorite!" I whined, hoping he wouldn't make me change it.

He just started singing it, giving in to my childish manners. It got to the chorus and I could hear him sniffling. I didn't understand why he didn't like hearing this song, but then I finally realized. I paused the song and wiped the tears from his face. The rest of the entire ride was silent, besides the occasional road rage when people had cut him off. I got kinda scared a few times, hearing his loud voice, yelling curses to himself as if he was talking to the people who made him mad. And it kept going through my mind that he would snap at me and start hurting me again. He realized what he was doing, and stopped, saying sorry a million times over and over until I said, "I know"

Word Count: 1,000