"Come back to me"

The warm night felt nice since the hotel room was cold. The unfamiliar alleyway was lit up. How do we do this? We took a different route the first four times but they caught on. Allen stopped and looked around. I did the same. There was a smaller building on the right side where we can jump off from onto that building but that was a far jump unless we ziplined or something. 

Allen pointed to the building and I followed him. I saw a motion sensor then quickly grabbed him. He stopped and looked up. 

"It will be hard but we can climb up here."

I wasn't a great climber but I tried anyway. The building was made out of all glass like the one we were going to be on soon. Allen helped me halfway up the building. As we got to the roof I started thinking of questions.

"Why did Trisha and Jeremy have to go through all that stuff?"

"Because they will be doing this in the day."

"But...."

"They are pretty smart they can handle themselves."

"And I cant?"

"I want you with me. So I told them to leave and you stay."

He set up something and fired it. It stuck the and he latched himself on. 

"Follow my lead."

As he got to the end fired it again but this time it went straight up to the roof of the glass building. He unlatched himself and jumped onto the rope and started heading to the roof. I latched myself the rope and let it take me to the next building. I looked up at the sky. The stars were hidden by the lights of the city. 

Now that I'm thinking about it won't someone see us? My face almost hit the window but I put my foot out to stop me. I'm sure there was some sort of break or something. The window cracked. We just got here and I'm already messing things up. 

From here the next rope looked so far away. I took a deep breath. Come on you can do this. I Was about five stories high already. I can't stop now. I leaped and grabbed the rope. I wrapped my legs and feet around it and held on tight. 

My heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest any second now. I put my foot out to help me stop swinging. Once I slowed I latched myself onto the rope and put my feet flat on the glass. 

I started up the glass slowly pulling myself up slowly. I finally got to top and pulled myself up. Allen was already checking to see if there were any radio frequency coming from Life. 

"Took you long enough."

I knew I couldn't ask for his help because this was our fith time doing this. I didn't want to depend on him. I didn't want him to worry about me either. I could do this on my own.

"Sorry," is all I could think to say.

"Don't worry about it. It's just like last night, nothing. In the day  Trisha and Jeremy said there wasn't anything either."

"So what do we do?"

"I would say we could hit it tonight but I don't know if we are ready." 

"We are."

I looked at him determined this time. Maybe I can convince him to call Trisha and Jeremy.

"Ok."

He had to call them several times before anyone picked up. 

"Trisha said she is on her way and will call Jeremy and tell him."

I walked over to Allen and laid beside him on my back. He was still looking through his banoculars and I was looking at the sky. For a few minutes we didn't say anything. I looked over at him and watched him swallow hard.