"He Isn't Coming Back"

There was nothing. I felt nothing. All of I sudden I couldn't breathe and my eyes shot open. I sat up quickly and looked around.

"I scared you that bad?"

Cole finally stopped laughing and stood up. I didn't get up with him. Was yesterday nothing but a dream? Was Cole suffocating me? Was he trying to...

"You're wondering if I was trying to kill you? Not intentionally. I was trying to wake you up and you wouldn't budge. So I covered your mouth and noise."

"You could have killed me."

"I could have."

After those words were said I didn't know what else to say. It's clear he didn't like me. I didn't want to ask why because

As time passes all I could do was wish everyone was here. I missed Jeremy Trisha and Joseph. Everyone acted like he didn't exist. Why? Every time I talk about him they just brushed it off like they didn't care. I saw Eva storming off and Dallas chasing her. Why was she so mad? I walked over to where they were but didn't turn the corner. Why am I being so nosy? Every time I do this I get into trouble.

"Dallas he isn't supposed to be gone for this long. He promised he wouldn't. What if the same thing happens to him. What the fuck will we do? And dad he doesn't give a fuck. Maybe we should have told the girl so she would have talked sense into him because he sure as hell didn't listen to us. I should have gone with him. Why didn't I?"

She pulled Dallas into a tight hug. Her legs were shaking and he could barely hold her up.  

"You are getting too heavy to be held. Look, Eva, you are pregnant ok? You don't need to be worked up like this. This was his decision. We were all scared so no one went with him."

"His team could have gone. They liked him. They would have followed him."

"They are way too inexperienced to go. They would have gotten killed like Jen's team. Look if he doesn't come back in a couple more days then we will see what happened."

Killed? Wait no he cant die not without saying goodbye to me. I stubbled backward and tripped on the concrete. The voices stopped. Dallas walked over and stuck his head around the corner.

"Oh, it's you. Why are you out here?"

"I uh."

Eva walked around the corner and a slight glimmer of hope appeared in her eyes.

Dallas scratched his head then said, "you wasn't suppose to hear any of that now keep your mouth shut."

"No, I think it's good she heard it."

"Wait Eva no she cant go out there by herself. Not her. With the investigation going on our father will never let that happen."

"Dallas I am ranked third Major General. I order her to go and bring him back."

"Our father will kill her if she runs away you know that."

"I'll do it."

They both stopped arguing and looked at me.

"No that's suicide."

"Alright then. The rest of your team should be here tomorrow. Fill them in and meet me at Chief Lake at three. There will be a jeep waiting for you. I will be there with all the information about what he got himself into. Take the documents and read over them well. We will talk more about it once you get there tomorrow. Listen you bring my little cousin back if you don't I will never forgive you."

I nodded my head and she walked away.

"You have no idea what you just got yourself into. Hell, you aren't the hero type. You just a little girl who thinks she will risk her life. But you aren't. I know people who will and you aren't one of them!"