"Alright, not that one." Mr Ollivander said, taking the wand from Willa.

He disappeared for another moment and then returned with two more boxes.

"Dogwood, Dragon heartstring core, twelve inches." Mr Ollivander handed the second wand choice to Willa, and she did the same thing as before. Only this time, the wand didn't break anything. Instead, it glowed briefly and Willa smiled.

This is my wand.

Mr Ollivander's lips formed a small smile. "Interesting." He said.

"What is?" Nymphadora asked.

"Well, Dogwood wands are usually quirky and mischievous. But, they can still perform quite outstanding magic. I suspect you'll do great things at Hogwarts, Miss Tonks."

"Oh...thank you, sir." Willa said shyly.

Before either of the three could continue the conversation, the door chimed and two more people entered the shop. A father and son. The son looked to be Willa's age; his dark hair was messy and his hands were full of what looked like school books. The father was tall, and had brown hair with grey tinges to it. He peered at the two girls through his glasses, then looked at Ollivander. Willa and Tonks stood to the side and watched as the father of the boy and the wand maker conversed.

"Ollivander! My son Cedric and I have come to find the perfect wand for him!" The old man said.

"Of course, of course."

The boy Willa's age, Cedric, smiled at her and she smiled back at him. He walked up to her and held his hand out.

"Hi, I'm Cedric Diggory."

Willa shook his hand. "I'm Willa Tonks."

"Are you a first year too?"

Willa nodded. "Yep. I'm so excited to go to Hogwarts. Are you a first year as well?"

"He is." Cedric's father interjected. "If I know my boy Ced, he'll be the finest wizard the school has ever seen." He said confidently and Cedric smiled sheepishly.

"What house are you hoping to be sorted into?" Willa asked him.

"I'm not sure. Any of them would be great, except Slytherin." He chuckled. "You?"

"I'll most likely be Hufflepuff, like my sister."

Tonks winked at him. "That's right. Now, come on Willa, we should probably go before Mum and Dad have a fit that we aren't home by now." She said.

"Well, I'll see you at school then." Willa said.

After quickly purchasing Willa's wand, the girls bid the wand maker and Cedric and his father goodbye; the door chiming once more upon their exit. Willa felt all giddy on the inside, now that she'd received her first wand and made her first friend. She was the happiest she'd ever been.

Being a witch really was the greatest feeling in the world.

For the rest of the afternoon, Willa and Nymphadora moved from shop to shop in the Alley, getting the essentials they needed, mainly all of Willa's things; Nymphadora being in her sixth year, didn't really need much except for what was listed (as per usual) on her Hogwarts letter.

Their last stop of the day, was at Florean Fortescue's Ice Parlour, and then the two sisters made their way home.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

The Tonks family made their way onto Platform 9 and 3/4 on September 1st and Mr and Mrs Tonks couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces as both of their girls would now be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry together.

Andromeda wanted nothing more for Willa, than for her to have the best experience at Hogwarts (while trying to avoid getting into as much trouble as Nymphadora does). Andromeda's time at Hogwarts was pleasurable and she was successful academically, but coming from a family of such pure-blooded supremacy, it was hard to enjoy many things. Since marrying her Muggle-born husband Ted, and raising her daughters, she wasn't worried anymore about being cut off from her family. She was more worried these days, about cleaning up after her eldest daughter and husband, and more importantly, making sure her family were happy.

"I wonder if Cedric's here yet." Willa said to Nymphadora as they pushed their trollies along the platform.

"Aw, you have a little crush on him...how cute." Tonks mocked.

"No I don't." Willa huffed, and stopped walking. "Don't make fun of me, Nymphadora, or I'll tell mum and dad that you're being mean again."

Tonks glared at her little sister, and Willa giggled as her hair turned a bright shade of red. "You know I hate that name."

"I know. I just wanted to see you Metamorph out."

"Ugh, come on, the train will be leaving soon. Let's say goodbye to mum and dad."

The two made their way over to their mother and father to say goodbye.

"Willa! Hey, Willa!" Someone called out from behind her and Willa's head whipped around to find the source of the voice. She smiled when she saw Cedric running towards her, waving.

"Hi."

"Do you want to sit with me on the train? You're the only person I know so far...and I don't really want to be alone." He said.

"Okay. I'm just going to say goodbye to my parents. I'll meet you there." She said and ran off to find her mother and father.

"Bye sweetheart. We'll see you at Christmas!" Andromeda said, hugging her daughter tight.

"Bye helmet." Ted said, hugging his daughter and Willa scrunched her face in annoyance.

"Dad! Don't call me that!" She replied.

"What's wrong with helmet? It's adorable." He joked and Tonks started laughing beside Willa.

"Nymphadora, stop laughing at your sister." Andromeda ordered and her laughter ceased. She scowled at her mother then muttered a 'bye' before storming off and onto the train.

"Bye!" Willa said and followed her sister onto the train.

She eventually found Cedric sitting in a compartment alone, and joined him.

The two talked about their excitement of going to Hogwarts, wondering what it was going to be like, eating sweets from the trolley witch, and overall just enjoying each others company.

Willa had decided that Cedric was going to be her best friend, and Cedric had decided Willa was going to be his.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

Cute little chapter to start off with uwu

I'm really excited for this story and I've spent the last few months working on it so I'm really glad that it's finally ready to share!! Be prepared for a whole emotional rollercoaster lol

I'll probably update weekly like I usually do but if I'm feeling like it I'll update maybe twice a week idk we'll see haha for now I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!