Three Times Tacos Beat Akira, And The One Time She Beat Them

i

     Akira was choking.

     Honest to god choking. And none of them knew what to do.

     One moment they were all enjoying some takeout after a hard month of work, and then suddenly Akira doubled over and started hacking up rice. Renée was frantically trying to hit Akira's back as hard as she could, Vanya was trying to stop her and teach her the Heimlich  Maneuver, Venantius was freaking out, and Dov was trying to find water.

     It was a full blown mess.

     Akira was still choking.

     Finally, she coughed up the final pieces of the offending rice. She bent over, panting as she did, wiping tears from her eyes.

     'Man, that sucked,' she laughed. The others just stared. Vanya passed her a tissue, with her blank eyes glued to Akira's face.

     'Of course that sucked,' Renée drawled. 'You choked. On rice.'

     'Well that wasn't my fault, was it?'

     'Wasn't it? I could have sworn you inhaled those tacos through your mouth instead of eating them like a normal person.' Vanya interjected.

     Akira pouted petulantly.

     'You know Tacos are my favourite.'

     'And I love pasta, but have I ever choked on pasta and given my friends heart attacks?'

     'No, but you did eat those hot dogs from the carnival and then puke for like, four days straight,' Akira said with a smug smile.

     Vanya simply huffed.

     Dov finally bustled in with a glass of water.

                                                                    ii

     There was a lot of paperwork. Mountains of paperwork. There was so much paperwork, that even the paperwork had paperwork.

     But Akira didn't want paperwork. She wanted Tacos. A lot of Tacos. Maybe as many Tacos as the paperwork.

     Sighing dreamily, she imagined a big, fat Taco, with maybe like two full packets of cheese, and a ton of hot sauce.

     Ohh food.

     But there was paperwork to do. Picking up the pen, she set about finishing the stuff as fast as she could. Who cares if no one understood what was written. There was no rule specifying legibility.

**********

     The squad had outdone themselves. They knew Akira was having s rough time with the Council (paperwork), so they had made s little relaxation thing for her.

     The table had 6 packets full of Castro's Special™️ Tacos. Her mouth was literally watering. Renée was looking at her with a huge smile on her face, Vanya looked a little scared of the sheer amount of Tacos, Venantius was looking on with a straight face, while Dov was shaking his head.

     'I love you guys.' Akira proclaimed.

     'We know.' They chorused back together.

     Akira leapt towards the table. The others joined her.

     Akira had already claimed 3 of the packets for herself. The others may have been ok with sharing the remaining packets, but they were definitely concerned with Akira consuming all those Tacos by herself. Especially after the previous incident.