Chapter 19

Mum left no more than an hour ago to meet up with her new love interest and she'll be gone for the entire weekend. I'm truly happy for her and it's only now that I notice how much she has changed. It's not that I didn't notice I just never paid too much attention to these subtle changes, I mean mum was mum, but now that I see her in a new light, I'm noticing these new patterns in her routine. She has been looking after her appearance more, putting makeup more, she has been more outgoing than ever before and she even goes to the gym in her spare time, which she never used to do before. The lengths we women will go to, to impress a man astounds me. They may seem like nothing to any other person, but for the people who know her really well, we notice. She has been a dedicated mother all of our lives and has always put our needs above her own, she neglected herself and immersed herself in work with the sole purpose of providing a stable home and income. I'm actually proud of her for putting her needs first for once and I fully support this new and improved version of her self.

As much as I love my two brothers, I can't share the same proudness as I do for my mother. She's barely been gone an hour and already people are pouring into our home, the music is blaring and the chatter is laud. I can't be too mad at them this time, as they did at least ask me if it was okay to let a few friends round, to which I agreed. It's hard to say no to them when this time they are trying to be a bit more considerate of me, the only problem is that in their language and few friends equals hundreds and I didn't agree to that. Our house is not that big and yet somehow we manage to fit all these people in. I suppose with the weather still being fairly mild in September they use the garden as space as well but still, this many people is taking the piss.  I had intended to use my weekend to catch up on homework and try not to think about a certain person, but now that's not going to happen. In the past I would have stayed locked in my room trying in vane to study, but now I don't want to anymore and why should I? And If Liam is here; I am definitely not going to hide. I could do with back up though and maybe if I invite a few friends of my own, maybe my brothers will think twice before throwing a party in our mothers absence. They did get mad at me for attending a party last weekend and if I just tart myself up a little and flirt a little with their friends, maybe, just maybe they won't throw a party ever again here in our home. As for Liam Moore, I will blank him completely and throw my self at the first guy I find available, purely to piss him off and show him that I'm not someone weak that he can trample on.

First things first, I want to patch things up with Sydney and I know that a party here will earn me her forgiveness and brownie points. I pull out my phone and dial her number and within one ring she answers straight away.

"You bitch!!!" She shouted nearly bursting my eardrums and I know she's nowhere near done yet, that's just the way she is. "I've got to hear that you've been in hospital all week from Chantelle? Really? I thought we were best friends Nichole?" Things were left a bit awkwardly last time we spoke and on Monday I didn't get the chance to talk to her because things happened with Liam and his dad and I bunked off school for the rest of the day. So much has happened in such a short space of time and I have no idea where to even begin to explain. "We are," I assure her. "Well you have a funny way of showing it. Are you okay now? What happened? And what's with all the noise in the background? Are your brothers throwing another party?" Wow, so many questions and I swear this girl has some supernatural hearing. "To answer your questions in order, 1 I'm okay, 2 I had some kind of accident but I don't remember how it happened so don't ask and 3 yes, they are throwing another party which is one of the reasons why I'm calling you" The silence from her end of the call would worry most people but I know she is grinning from ear to ear. "Spill, what are you up to? You have some devious plan in mind don't you?" This girl knows me so well. "I wouldn't go as far as devious, but I would like you and all the girls we know to turn up here under my invitation and there is so much I need to catch you up on"