xvi

hyunjin wasn't eating.

hyunjin wasn't sleeping.

hyunjin wasn't talking.

hyunjin wasn't doing anything.

he isolated himself from everyone.

everyone at school just stared at him.

he didn't want to embarrass any of his friends. having people knowing they're friends with a walking mistake. a walking disaster.

some might say he was playing the victim, but he wasn't. he knew he fucked up big time. he knew he hurt the boy he loves.

oh, how much he missed jeongin. the boy lit up the world with his smile.

yang jeongin was perfect.

but the yang jeongin everyone knew wasn't there anymore.

instead, there was a vulnerable, depressed, sleep deprived yang jeongin. the one that no one recognized.

he couldn't go back.

he never could. how the fuck was he going to move past this? hell, even woojin said it wasn't going to be okay. but hyunjin didn't want to hear ❛it's going to be okay❜ and ❛you're strong. you're going to get past this❜. because he knew what he said wasn't okay.

he lied in front of everyone.

he lied to jeongin. he loves jeongin. he could never use him like that.

but he said he did.

and everyone believed him.

he wanted to go back to jeongin. he wanted to back to the times where jeongin was smiling, laughing. the times where he showed the younger in affection. the times he would cause jeongin to have a mental breakdown from all the kisses and pet names.

those were long gone.

gone like his self-confidence.

❝i miss you so much...❞ hyunjin mumbled as tears poured out of his eyes. his room was now filled with small whimpers and quiet sobs. he missed jeongin so much.

his heart hurt.

and he wasn't the one that got their heart broken.

the male's sobbing came to an end once someone knocked on his door. ❝hyunjin? it's me, seungmin.❞ the voice said. ❝seungmin go away. i don't want to hear your shit.❞ hyunjin tossed and turned in his bed. he wiped his tears.

but they just kept coming down.

❝i don't you know want to talk to me but--i'm not here to talk to you. hitomi is.❞ seungmin said softly. hyunjin sat up. hitomi? why was she here? why the hell did she want to talk to him? ❝why are you here? we're not supposed to talk,❞ the male scoffed.

hitomi chewed on her bottom. ❝i broke your best friend's heart. why are you fucking here?❞ hyunjin's tone was bitter. he didn't want to see anyone. he was locked up in him room 24/7 for a fucking reason. ❝i need to talk to you about jeongin.❞ the japanese softly pressed her palms against the door.

❝what is there to talk about? you already heard what happened... please, i know i fucked up but... please don't tell me the same thing everyone is telling me.❞

the girl sighed. of course she knew what happened. chan and jisung came into the dorm pissed. they started yelling, saying how stupid hyunjin was. she knew he didn't mean it. ❝i know you didn't mean what you said.❞ hyunjin scoffed. ❝yeah right. you can read my mind,❞

❝no, but i know you're jinjin. i know you're the one that gave jeongin bubble gum and those letters.❞

hyunjin felt like his heart stopped beating. it was like the world stopped. time stopped. ❝h-how do you know that?❞ the boy wanted to slap himself for stuttering. that's what gave it away.

all the evidence pointed—not even pointed—screamed hwang hyunjin. what evidence you ask? for starters, hyunjin's weird ass reaction to jeongin in the day of the school festival. second, hyunjin always had a small plastic bag with the company name of the bubble gum jeongin always got with his letters.

lastly, all the events that led up to the boys dating. it seemed as if it was planned out. but, it wasn't. getting closer and dating jeongin wasn't something hyunjin even had in mind. he just wanted the maknae to know how much he meant to him.

and it worked. jeongin felt loved by jinjin.

and hitomi knew jeongin just wanted jinjin.

but jinjin was the same boy that broke his heart.

❝i'm here because i want to help you fix this mess with jeongin.❞ hyunjin finally opened his door. hitomi was extremely shocked to see hyunjin. the way he looked. he had bags under his eyes, he looked like he hasn't gotten sleep in a week. he looked much thinner than he originally is.

the taller knew how bad he looked. ❝how am i gonna do that? there's no—❞

❝i have a plan,❞

_tbc_