xv

the days seemed to go by slowly. nothing was the same. that always, happy, smiling ear to ear jeongin was gone. he died along with jeongin's feelings. jeongin was so numb. he didn't want to get out of bed. he didn't want to be home. everyone kept asking him questions. he was tired of it.

jeongin stared at his lunch. he didn't want to eat. he wasn't hungry. he hasn't been for days. ever since hyunjin confesses about his true intentions, jeongin lost a huge part of himself.

and the letters stopped coming.

the boy just took that as the end as jinjin did say. he was in a relationship.

not anymore.

he just wanted jinjin. he didn't care if he never officially broke up with hyunjin, hell, jeongin thought about cheating on him. hyunjin broke his heart. who says he can't do the same?

that's where the problem came in.

he thought about hyunjin non stop.

even when he told himself not to.

he broke your heart and he was using you. don't think about that douche bag. jeongin thought to himself.

the maknae separated himself from anything related to hyunjin.

he had to move on.

hyunjin never and will never love him.

that's just the way things are.

fuck—he couldn't lie to himself. he missed the older's touch. his kisses, hugs, voice, laugh—he missed everything about hyunjin.

but it wasn't the same for hyunjin. at least that's what jeongin thought.

of course he couldn't know what hyunjin was feeling right now.

it was sad.

that every single person at school knew. what made it worse was that yerim, renjun, mina, subin, and heo chan rejected hyunjin from coming to dance practice.

why was everyone on his side?

maybe he deserved this. maybe he deserved to be used and played. maybe he deserved to be the walking clown.

❝jeongin? yang jeongin!❞ hitomi shouted out. jeongin shook his head as he snapped out of his thoughts. hitomi sighed. ❝i've been calling your name for 3 minutes,❞ jeongin looked down at the floor.

his eyes were watering. right now wasn't the time to cry. ❝i really liked him. for the first time ever, i had a crush on someone. i was experiencing that feeling that everyone talks about feeling. how it feels amazing. and it did. i felt like i was dreaming everything was too perfect. he was my first kiss. i couldn't wait to go on dates with him—just to be with him made me happy. hyunjin made me happy. i knew something bad was gonna happen. i just knew it.❞

the japanese furrowed her eyebrows. ❝what do you mean you knew someone bad was going to happen?❞ the male felt sick just thinking about that day. one of the worst days in his entire life. ❝i didn't feel well. my gut was telling me not to go to school because something bad was gonna happen.❞

hitomi had no words.

❝i feel like this was all planned out. you know, just... everything seemed too perfect.❞ the korean let out a shaky sigh. his heart hurt so bad. he wanted to cry all day and stay in bed. but that's what he did yesterday.

the female stayed silent for too long. she was trying to put the pieces together. what jeongin said was true; everything leading up to jeongin's and hyunjin's relationship seemed planned out. it was too perfect.

that's when hitomi remembered hyunjin's reaction to the time of the school festival.

❝i stopped getting letters. the day before... jinjin said he should stop sending letters because i have a boyfriend. it's funny because he didn't even like me,❞ jeongin scoffed as he remembered the way hyunjin sounded.

he was emotionless .

it fit together. the puzzle has finally been solved.

❝jeongin, jinjin—❞ is hyunjin. hitomi wanted to finish her sentence so badly. she wanted to scream it.

it made sense.

hyunjin is jinjin.

is that why he had a bag of bubble gum stuffed in his back pocket on the day of the school festival?

but...

hyunjin didn't mean what he said.

because he's been in love with yang jeongin since the start of sophomore year.

he just had to prove he didn't mean it.

and hitomi had an idea of how hyunjin was going to do that.

_tbc_