vii

it has been a couple days since hyunjin first saw jeongin. ever since then, he has been much more careful with his letters.

well, i guess more. careful in making sure no one saw him. it was a risk to get close to jeongin, but hyunjin developed a crush on the boy only through one experience.

he felt as if that wasn't enough or even valid to be head over heels for someone.

and, of course, there was the competition coming up. coincidentally, hyunjin and jeongin were always in the same group.

as for this, hyunjin saw this as an opportunity to become friends and become closer to jeongin.

and today was the day hyunjin was going to get closer.

in dance practice, the teacher was assigning partners, jeongin walked over to hyunjin. ❝h-hyunjin? do you want to be my partner?❞ the maknae asked as he played his fingers. hyunjin thought he might explode from all the cuteness.

hyunjin gave his famous smile and nodded. jeongin was so shy, he didn't know why. hyunjin made him feel a way he has never felt before.

as for the older, he felt like he was going to combust. yang jeongin was so fucking adorable he had no idea what to do. jeongin drove hyunjin crazy and he didn't even know it.

❝alright, it seems as everyone has a partner, yes? now, for this competition, you are allowed to choose what your song of choice is. you do have time, along with a deadline. the deadline is in 4 days. now get going with your options. once you have chosen your song, please come see me.❞ ms. seo sat down at her desk as everyone was deciding.

the maknae turned to hyunjin. ❝what song should we do?❞ hyunjin shook his head. ❝hmm... eclipse?❞ eclipse was got7's latest comeback, as hyunjin was a huge got7 fan. and i mean, huge. everyone at school knew this of course. ❝and you'll be doing jinyoung hyung's part?❞ jeongin giggled.

his giggle was music to hyunjin's ear. the elder smiled back. the pair sat there for a while just giggling and being extremely whipped for each other. that is, until subin disbursed them. ❝hyunjin hyung, are you thinking of doing eclipse?❞ the boy asked.

hyunjin nodded. subin instantly smiled as he dragged a much taller male with him. ❝is it fine with you two if channie and i join?❞ jeongin nodded eagerly as he clapped. to be completely honest, jeongin was literally friends with everyone. especially in his class.

subin along with heo chan sat down with the two boys as they all coordinated who was going to play who's part. as time passed, the group grew. now, they were ready.

as for now, yerim, renjun, and mina have joined. jeongin never really held a conversation with renjun, even though they were in the same class. all he knew was that renjun was friends with the kid who screamed like a dolphin and yerim.

but, he still enjoyed their company. all three were very nice and amazing people to be around.

jeongin was... he was happy.

he is happy.

hyunjin came back to the group with a huge smile on his face. ❝it's set.❞ he said. everyone looked at each other and smiled as well. and smiled even more when jeongin giggled.

who couldn't smile when a actually ball of sunshine is giggling?

hyunjin sure knew he couldn't.

and so did everyone else.

jeongin was secretly hyunjin's ball of sunshine.

he just had to figure that out.

_tbc_